Anybody else excited for Topgun: Maverick?

I’ve been watching the clips come through my YouTube feed.

Pretty sure in like 3 clips that total about 30 minutes run time, I’d say the better part of the movie was seen.

What was the best part? Turning it off.

Last edited:
I don’t know you, but I would help you rescue your wife from a Scientology compound if you asked.

The movie was good relative to the chit that comes out these days.
Ha...well thanks Doublecluck.
I think I still have the edge on Mr. Cruise.😁

Watched it a few weeks ago. Not bad, lots of action, somewhat predictable. Had to laugh when he took off in the test jet in the beginning. The roof on the guard shack almost flew off but the guy standing next to it didn't move!
It was pieced together; the roof wasn’t suppose to blow off, go to 6:50 in the first video.

I don’t understand how people can like this movie. It’s terrible. The acting is bad, the storyline is derivative, the editing is stilted. I couldn’t finish it.

I'll bet it's better than the new Avatar(per what I'm reading about that movie) and it's not 3 hours 12 minutes long... :) I liked it for a sequel.

Marvel XLIX coming soon....

We caught TG the first go round post pandemic before summer, it's no Yellowstone but we enjoyed it. ; )

I was more interested in the flying. I just watched an interview with the pilot ( Frank Weisser ?) a retired Navy Commander and ex-Blue Angle who did the low level and canyon flying. He was less than 15' in several instances. He was an active Navy pilot when he flew the movie scenes. He gives a lot of insight about high performance flying. I was unaware of the stress damage to the airplane that negative G s cause on an airplane for example. .....good stuff and very interesting.

One of the Pautzke Bait owners in Ellensburg had a P-51 Mustang, definitely knew when he was flying it in the valley, very distinctive sound, cool plane.

Back