Caribou Gear Tarp

Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

How? I’m mean, great, more power to you. This is the most boring market I have seen in 12 months.

draft kings has started an uptrend again, CCIV popped a little on rumors with apple, RIOT gained a little, and I’m also trading some ETH outside of my wallets which contributes to that %

Last edited:
Nice work, Togie. I've pulled increments of SENS as it dropped... I like losing $ incrementally. Haha!

It's $ in the bag!

How? I’m mean, great, more power to you. This is the most boring market I have seen in 12 months.
draft kings has started an uptrend again, CCIV popped a little on rumors with apple, RIOT gained a little, and I’m also trading some ETH outside of my wallets which contributes to that %

and to be sure, the way i'm set up, my recent gains are plenty liable to disappear. and disappear they might, to a greater degree and faster than they came

as usual, in my little "hobby" account, i'm not investing, i'm gambling

CCIV maybe being the biggest gamble, but i still see a potential for a large long term payout there that i absolutely wanna bet on

and to be sure, the way i'm set up, my recent gains are plenty liable to disappear. and disappear they might, to a greater degree and faster than they came

as usual, in my little "hobby" account, i'm not investing, i'm gambling

CCIV maybe being the biggest gamble, but i still see a potential for a large long term payout there that i absolutely wanna bet on
reminded me of this exchange;

Johnny Ringo:
Oh that. I was just foolin' about.

Doc Holliday:
I wasn't.

reminded me of this exchange;

Johnny Ringo:
Oh that. I was just foolin' about.

Doc Holliday:
I wasn't.

i'm very lucky to have grown up in a house with a father that basically had that movie on 24 hour repeat

maybe a little revenge of the nerds and caddyshack thrown in though

Wasn't Caddyshack tossed in the snowflake burn pile? :ROFLMAO:

Fantastic movie!

"I got a salami I gotta hide still"

What happened to draftkings??? Wish I had more free cash in my fun account.

i like that stock. i like it's price right now.

and i too have hit my current limit on putting cash in the fun account 😩

i like that stock. i like it's price right now.

and i too have hit my current limit on putting cash in the fun account 😩
Like catching a falling knife right now. I am looking at it too, but would like to see some stability. Maybe some support around $44-$45 at January 5 low. Still very expensive versus revenue. A lot of the "expensive" stocks are getting hit regardless of strength in quarterly reports. Tough market right now as the value plays, like banks and energy, are getting the attention.

Like catching a falling knife right now. I am looking at it too, but would like to see some stability. Maybe some support around $44-$45 at January 5 low. Still very expensive versus revenue. A lot of the "expensive" stocks are getting hit regardless of strength in quarterly reports. Tough market right now as the value plays, like banks and energy, are getting the attention.
What would you think about just parking money in FAANG for the next 6-12 months waiting for things to stabilize?

Good Q for our resident financial guru. Look forward to his response.
Personally, If I held concerns and wanted to stay with the giants, I'd park a 6-9 month in ETF(s) that hold FAANG stocks.

What would you think about just parking money in FAANG for the next 6-12 months waiting for things to stabilize?
Tough call. I really have no idea where we end the year. Tech has lagged YTD despite those names practically printing money. QQQ up 7%, SpY up 12.5% and Dow leads over 13%. FAANG isn’t the most diversified group. Have to ask yourself what risk you are exposed to. To me it looks like int rates are the problem. Rates go up, economy reopens and Market slashes growth in favor of cyclicals. Given excessive valuations, that trend could happen the rest of the year. As always, diversification is key. Bulls have control for now but lots of name and sector volatility means you have to pay attention if you want to make a bet.

Last two days pretty much summarized what I tried to express Sunday night. FAANG bucket lost 2.7% yesterday, but holding up really well today as market plays chicken with 20-day MA. Exact opposite for cyclicals (XLF, XLE)- very strong yesterday, very weak today. You can blame interest rates because it is convenient, but the relationship isn't all that clear. So basically, who the hell knows. FAANG about 7% off ATH and every dip has been bought. Just hard to fight the rotation trade (Growth to Value). I expect that to continue for now, but eventually tech (high quality, cash-flow generating tech like FAANG) to be buyable over cyclicals. Can't say exactly when, but doesn't seem like it yet.

Market is hard to read and we are entering the summer slowdown where volumes dry up. So far all dips have been bought so we watch today and that 20day MA closely for signs of weakness and 50day for a test. Best to have multiple plays on - a little nibble on banks/energy, a little bite on tech. Hard to make a bet and walk away. If you get a pop, take profits and look to take the reverse bet. If market breaks, it could be ugly for everything. The reason might not be obvious but inflation will be the media's favorite.

SENS... tic toc, tic toc... getting closer to FDA 180 day and/or... Ascencia buyout looming in the coming months.
Get y'er hot potato and deal with the heat... hold it. Hold the hot potato. No passing it around. 😇😂

3 analysts just raised from -.06 to -.02 No analysts have reduced outlook.

Cheap, easy - hide away the simple few K.

Oct $2 calls... hopped on another 20 @ .55 earlier last week.
2k shares.

/#inittowinit!
/#holdthehotpotato!

Public service announcement.

SENS... tic toc, tic toc... getting closer to FDA 180 day and/or... Ascencia buyout looming in the coming months.
Get y'er hot potato and deal with the heat... hold it. Hold the hot potato. No passing it around. 😇😂

3 analysts just raised from -.06 to -.02 No analysts have reduced outlook.

Cheap, easy - hide away the simple few K.

Oct $2 calls... hopped on another 20 @ .55 earlier last week.
2k shares.

/#inittowinit!
/#holdthehotpotato!

Public service announcement.
Long awaited and rumored, Insulet should have FDA approval on Omni pod closed loop system with Dexcom CGM this summer. Might explain why SENS can't find a lot of love from the market.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back