Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

If my luck is any indication, earnings will be bad and stock will tank.
Double negative = positive? I'm a walking crystal ball... do the opposite and... well that's what I say when I'm tumbling. Haha!

Earnings tomorrow aftermarket w/ conference call @ 3(?) mountain time. Most enjoyable portion when they open to Q&A. Well, that is if the stock is going the route played... Haha!

Double negative = positive? I'm a walking crystal ball... do the opposite and... well that's what I say when I'm tumbling. Haha!

Earnings tomorrow aftermarket w/ conference call @ 3(?) mountain time. Most enjoyable portion when they open to Q&A. Well, that is if the stock is going the route played... Haha!

This is like the anti-GME stock. Institutions own like 85% of the stock so they really have to have a poor number to get hit. It’s one of those stocks where you have to gauge analyst sentiment, not rWSB posts.

Sold 3/19 ATM covered calls. They were very expensive. Collect 2% of value in 2 days.

Today's play... meh, green's green. Lunch $. And so far I'm not in the soup kitchen line.

If the NKE stays reasonably level or rise, I may tempt the Market Gods and play through earnings. Might p/u a June Put to hedge the play somewhat.

I think their numbers may be lower due to lost sporting events marketing from Covid and should present a good outlook moving forward. However, if it's a reserved outlook due to covid and an unknown future for sporting venues...

Screenshot_20210318-101844_thinkorswim.jpg

What's everybody working? Place went a bit quiet and the fun market yammering died off a bit.

What's everybody working? Place went a bit quiet and the fun market yammering died off a bit.

not working much these days.

i'm always putting profits from small plays here and there into draft kings, still hoping CCIV will be a gold mine in in the next 5 years, sitting tight and going all or nothing on SPPI 4C 4/16 through earnings

planning to buy some more RIOT before their earnings. with BTC prices the way they've been trending ever since november i'm betting RIOT will be great to play over their next several earnings, calls are too 'spensive for me though. however, that ticker is at the mercy of BTC, i.e. pretty risky.

Watching CRWD. Earnings were good, but it will continue to be volatile. Selling puts on dips at levels I am comfortable being long.
Same with BMBL.

Core holdings are all ETF. Long individual stock holdings remain JPM, NKE, BX, VZ and BABA. Pretty boring. Short collar on JPM, sold covered calls on BX and NKE. BABA rotates daily from being my favorite holding to pissing me off.

Good Friday morning read.

Wall Street Breakfast: In Search Of Stability. Seeking Alpha.

"There is a significant overlap emerging between deep value stocks and momentum stocks - there are a number of autos, banks, materials, and energy stocks which are screening as both value and momentum," wrote strategists led by Sarah McCarthy. "This is the holy grail of quant and value investing."

Sold 3/19 ATM covered calls. They were very expensive. Collect 2% of value in 2 days.
@Sytes
Update. looks like those puts will expire today so I collect 3pts but losing 7pts on the long position, so it did its job. Sold an April 135 at 3pts. Will take on more NKE at that price.
Earnings report was mixed and most of the selloff is due to high valuations. Revenue should rebound and margins are increasing due to direct to cons online sales, super +. Analysts remain positive so should see some buying emerge after this noise. Solid floor at $130ish.

The 180 FDA hopeful approval is likely 3rd quarter. So the "big news" that my hobby hazy bowling ball predicts would begin an ascent following the likes of DXCM is within this year.
The common bio/pharma start companies route: The typical leaking boat waiting for the big fix to right itself. # wise, it's overbought.

In my not so wise opinion, I believe their product is a valuable new item for Diabetics that holds a massive global segment of the medical market...
So disclaimers complete (Alert: Hobbyist): Yes, I think it's a good addition/entry point.
The recent uptick was confused with the anticipation / idea FDA (due to influx of April options) is on the cusp, when the reality: A massive patent for remote transmitting of the device (w/o any external patched item) was just approved.
I'd share 1yr / 1 day rsi/MacD, etc though if done from my phone, I'm unable to resize to a small pic.
1yr and 20 day are my personal go-to for review.

We pulled another 1k at the current and have covered calls for April and may for our perspectives account.

I'm on a desktop and transferred my screen-pic over for the 1yr/day

SENS.jpg

Last edited:
@Sytes

Your screenshot price is where I pulled the trigger today....could have done better obviously.

I'm actually averaging up, but may add more tomorrow if it's red again.

I sold the same covered calls that you did on Monday when it was green(same months anyway).

All in! Haha!

My self help speech. Each morning as I sip my coffee and evaluate the screens. 😅🙄
81Wsb4DXFnL._SY500_.jpg

Possible trigger for a drop to buy in positions once the sell wraps or trigger for a bit of a mudslide?

Interesting thought... may be a time to adjust bi weekly purchase until I see how the possible sell pans out.

Evercore ISI analyst Sarah Bianchi, who said it would “probably include nearly doubling capital-gains taxes on those with income over $1 million.” Not that it was any state secret — the Biden campaign’s website suggested such a move too.

Possible trigger for a drop to buy in positions once the sell wraps or trigger for a bit of a mudslide?

Interesting thought... may be a time to adjust bi weekly purchase until I see how the possible sell pans out.

my only thing is that it seems possible not all dems will be on board with this proposal

in other news, i'm doubling down on my throwing of cash into the CCIV money blender. i feel very optimistic about the long term prospects of that companies stock price

man, i'm up 12.6% on the last 7 days

when do we start asking where the top is?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back