Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

I haven’t pulled a short position on either GME or AMC nor have I held long on either rubbish ticker. I attempted to go short today GME on E*Trade and wasn’t allowed no matter what puny amount I tried to short sale. Anyone else have the same trouble? It’s not SSR, no? Since they were headed North I figured it was available to short. Could also be The Man (hedge funds) compelling platforms like with RH.

I haven’t pulled a short position on either GME or AMC nor have I held long on either rubbish ticker. I attempted to go short today GME on E*Trade and wasn’t allowed no matter what puny amount I tried to short sale. Anyone else have the same trouble? It’s not SSR, no? Since they were headed North I figured it was available to short. Could also be The Man (hedge funds) compelling platforms like with RH.
Your account needs to be approved for that regardless of broker. They might not be able to find the borrow. If e*trade trusts you, just sell a ITM call, like a $60 strike. That will tell you if it is a borrow issue.

edit: in the money.

Last edited:
We all have those media outlets, print author, group stock revelers, and yes... our YouTube favorite we actually subscribe and may even go further and buy into...

Agree, disagree... makes no difference to me. We're all one big happy Hunt Talk family, right? :ROFLMAO:

I like this young buck! He's a very sharp whipper snapper and as much as it annoys me to be his age and know as much as he knows - always good to keep an open ear.

Take it as you will. I enjoy (and yes, been a long time subscriber) his market commentary AND tips. :) Don't watch two seconds and think you have this toon pegged either - hear him through. The sky's not falling... ;) A good following with 68K watch since today's market dump.

We all have those media outlets, print author, group stock revelers, and yes... our YouTube favorite we actually subscribe and may even go further and buy into...

Agree, disagree... makes no difference to me. We're all one big happy Hunt Talk family, right? :ROFLMAO:

I like this young buck! He's a very sharp whipper snapper and as much as it annoys me to be his age and know as much as he knows - always good to keep an open ear.

Take it as you will. I enjoy (and yes, been a long time subscriber) his market commentary AND tips. :) Don't watch two seconds and think you have this toon pegged either - hear him through. The sky's not falling... ;) A good following with 68K watch since today's market dump.

You should win an award for watching this guy every day. I couldn’t do it. He is more knowledgeable than most. He is like the new Jim Cramer. Talks a lot but doesn’t really say anything. He is just trying to become relevant. He has a grasp of what is going on but that hasn’t changed over the last few weeks so I’m not sure it “explains” anything about yesterday. Sometimes there is a clear driver and sometimes there isn’t.

I don't believe I said every day... though when I do watch (Dos Equis XX pun), if you need a time frame, maybe 1-2 x's a week(?). - I check his recent vids. I've made some good money off his plays.

This video of his happens to be an off topic YouTube. A general review of current times.

He has 460k subscribers... He's pretty relevant as he is. ;) Making $ off YouTube, off his promos, etc. Quite the entrepreneur for a young buck. The research tools he uses are pretty effective as well. He made it pretty clear - there is no crystal ball.

Cheers - You're a good general base for info as well as a few others here. If you happen to find a crystal ball that reads better than Neffa's Oreo cookie or my bowling ball - give a holler. :)

That was an epic re-run of Cramer on the knife's edge! I recall that from a while ago. Great find!

"When you feel the shorts have overdone the stock..."

Haha! "He has no idea how bad it is out there!, he has no idea! he has NO IDEA!" Referencing Bernanke

Big Gov. stepping in to squash the the little guy........

Big Gov. stepping in to squash the the little guy........

I’ve never even heard of a single company listed in that order, or the previous recent sec order

Always good to evaluate the various perspectives, articles, and graphs.

Each person makes their own choice based upon their own research.
2k $ invested... Our perspectives account we use to ride possible long term opportunities.
As with everything - nothing is certain except death and taxes...

With all the disclaimers laid out: .

I mentioned earlier of a good buddy who makes his living day trading and a stock he enjoyed/s playing - SENS. I dismissed it initially due to under my usual $ point.
My thoughts however, are on the mid/long term hold potential at it's current price. It, to me, has a good opportunity to run during the next 10 years including buyout opportunities. My wife is a Type 1 Diabetic since birth so it's been an interesting outside and inside perspective to the daily life of diabetic activity.

SENS (Senseonics) is developing an implantable CGM (Continuous Glucose Monitoring) and FGM (Flash Glucose Monitoring) systems.

Senseonics - pdf for their projections. According to my wife, who is very supportive of DEXCOM as a user of their CGM. I can vouch... it's a monumental step in assisting diabetics. She viewed the .pdf shared below and said that would be extremely interesting and would be huge if they were to get it approved - and insurance covered.

DEXCOM. Basically the CGM monitors her glucose counts within her body and gives her life saving information at a moment's notice with alerts if her glucose level rises too high or too low.

Anyhow, to each his/her own on stock pics. My crystal ball is foggy at best. Your Oreo cream filler may be the cat's meow - no need for the aim directly at the bottom, nor top. goal is to hit that cream for stocks positioned for potential upside.

Couple side notes:
SENS has a significant short interest!
SENS is waiting on FDA approval to double it's implant time to 180 days.
SENS is due for an earnings conference call March 4th. (AMC)

Shared below are the two long term views to present the slim possibility of SENS upside, using DEXCOM's path... Again - to each his/her own. This could be bust heavy... or long term opportunity.

DEXCOM:

1614531871393.png

SENS:

1614531982203.png

So my thoughts? My setting for TD Mobile: MACD, RSI, and a few Simple moving averages.
I'm playing 2 day trades and move in for a low buy after market the 4th or pre market the 5th. My thought, with the short interest and still in development, Earnings are going to be red and this will dump. I'll p/u at the Oreo "stuff" and put my $2k mid/long term into SENS and remove it from my daily view - Haha! I can not stand letting my sitting stocks ride through earnings though sometimes it's for the best to not look at it.

Screenshot_20210228-131221_thinkorswim~2.jpg

Attachments

• senseonics-investor-deck-nov-2020.pdf
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
DXCM paid for my pool in 2015. I had 2,000 shares with a basis of under $10 per share. Sold half when it got in the mid 40's and the rest when it got up over $60.

Looking back in hindsight, that was a pretty expensive pool.... ;)
Amazing looking back... hindsight 20/20, that soared shortly after the $60. That pool would've potential for a Hefner styled waterfall, slide, and cave.

Had a few in the past and finally concluded green is green. I swing traded NVDA back @ $11 a share. Wife suggested we place a couple hundred shares into our mid/long perspective account. I didn't listen to her and lack the huevos to share with her what NVDA's @ now.

Thus my interest in SENS while viewing DXCM.

It's small budgeted $ for mid/long perspectives. I know many have opinions. Always good to keep an open ear to the critical evals.

Amazing looking back... hindsight 20/20, that soared shortly after the $60. That pool would've potential for a Hefner styled waterfall, slide, and cave.

Had a few in the past and finally concluded green is green. I swing traded NVDA back @ $11 a share. Wife suggested we place a couple hundred shares into our mid/long perspective account. I didn't listen to her and lack the huevos to share with her what NVDA's @ now.

Thus my interest in SENS while viewing DXCM.

It's small budgeted $ for mid/long perspectives. I know many have opinions. Always good to keep an open ear to the critical evals.
That is an evolving market that, as a type 1 diabetic, am very interested in. What you have to be aware of is things in the FDA pipeline that could affect stock prices and be completely random. For example, Omnipod and Dexcom are working on Omnipod Horizon which is a closed loop system that measures blood glucose and then delivers insulin based on the algo. I think it is in its 2nd trials right now. If you get an FDA approval SENS might drop 50% and DXCM soars. If the trial fails, something else crazy happens. Anything biotech or phrma-tech is crazy volatile.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back