Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

I don't know. I think I could handle a small fee as opposed to this: https://robinhood.com/us/en/support/articles/changes-due-to-recent-market-volatility/

I own or have owned at least 1/3 of that list periodically in the last year. They make it hard to justify sticking with them when you can't make money the businesses you know the best.

i agree. i just expect that it won't last all that long as i can't imagine it will be permanent. are many brokers doing similar limits? or is just RH at this point?

i missed out on a very sizeable (relative to my total RH account balance) chunk of change in some of those companies on wednesday because of this freeze. but that was also to some degree my own fault as to not be labeled a pattern day trader. so i had to watch the profits vanish whereas any other day i could've done something about it. barely made it out without losing money. the thing is, yeah i'm salty about it, but even considering that these were extraordinary circumstances i still view it as the risk of playing in the stock market. especially "meme" stocks lol

but yes, if the limits continue it will certainly be something to consider about moving on to another (maybe free) broker

Methinks RH is in for an SEC investigation. The CEO twit did a live interview on a popular fake news channel last night and took a real digger.

Big tech has robinhoods back at least for now.

i agree. i just expect that it won't last all that long as i can't imagine it will be permanent. are many brokers doing similar limits? or is just RH at this point?

i missed out on a very sizeable (relative to my total RH account balance) chunk of change in some of those companies on wednesday because of this freeze. but that was also to some degree my own fault as to not be labeled a pattern day trader. so i had to watch the profits vanish whereas any other day i could've done something about it. barely made it out without losing money. the thing is, yeah i'm salty about it, but even considering that these were extraordinary circumstances i still view it as the risk of playing in the stock market. especially "meme" stocks lol

but yes, if the limits continue it will certainly be something to consider about moving on to another (maybe free) broker
I guess I wouldn't have put Starbucks as a meme stock. I just don't get the distinction between these and 1000s of others. I mean plug is up like 1600% over the last year. But I can trade them all day long

I guess I wouldn't have put Starbucks as a meme stock. I just don't get the distinction between these and 1000s of others. I mean plug is up like 1600% over the last year. But I can trade them all day long

i was more referring to the few i was in, not all of them ;)

i had been playing around with american airlines, coincidentally sold one of my options on it right before all of this went down, thank god. later learned it was on the hit list and it seriously made me wonder why. so yeah, i agree

if the limits continue it will certainly be something to consider about moving on to another (maybe free) broker
All of them are free and have apps and have more capital than RH. The big ones self-clear and don’t sell order flow, so you get better execution. Why anyone uses RH is beyond my understanding. More margin for a low account balance that should be using it?

All of them are free and have apps and have more capital than RH. The big ones self-clear and don’t sell order flow, so you get better execution. Why anyone uses RH is beyond my understanding. More margin for a low account balance that should be using it?
I use RH only because thats what a buddy recommended. I also don't know anyone using other apps.
I'll add that im 24 and most people my age give no thought to investing. Atleast in my area

I use RH only because thats what a buddy recommended. I also don't know anyone using other apps.
I'll add that im 24 and most people my age give no thought to investing. Atleast in my area
I use Schwab and are very happy with them. I think they were the first of the big brokerage services to go to free trades. I’ve never used Robinhood, but I think the big draw of “free trades” disappeared a couple years ago when everyone went free.

I use Schwab and are very happy with them. I think they were the first of the big brokerage services to go to free trades. I’ve never used Robinhood, but I think the big draw of “free trades” disappeared a couple years ago when everyone went free.
Fidelity is free too and I really like it. The website is great, the app is good.

WSB went from 1.5m to 6m users this year. Below is a tweet from a reputable source. It is practically impossible to determine what is real anymore. I guess this is how everyone just creates their own reality. Be careful.

“Over an 8 hour period y’day, we tracked ~30,000 posts. Of those posts, 97% were removed by mods/filters. It’s all bots, all the time.

Once again, you’re being played.”

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jg722
Back