Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

Is it time to rename this thread to, Are you selling yet, has the market peaked.

never.

stocks only go up.

in all seriousness we've already cashed out some non retirement $ these past few weeks in preparation for buying a house this year

So how does a 22 year old take out a 2nd mortgage on his parents home? Bank needs to take the hit on this one, and the "kid" needs a good spanking.

The link no longer works, saw this reposted from twitter:

nyp.JPG

Robin Hood looked into the abyss and fell in. Stick a fork in them, they are done.
Nah. They will be ok. a lot of the negative press will be from competitors, because everyone likes to pile on. Free trading might be "done". Margin accounts without proof of net worth are almost certainly done.

Nah. They will be ok. a lot of the negative press will be from competitors, because everyone likes to pile on. Free trading might be "done". Margin accounts without proof of net worth are almost certainly done.
Loss of trust from the bunch that use their platform will be their biggest problem. Don't see anyone that doesn't use it now, signing up for it in the future. Kind of hard to stay in business with no customers.

Loss of trust from the bunch that use their platform will be their biggest problem. Don't see anyone that doesn't use it now, signing up for it in the future. Kind of hard to stay in business with no customers.
Are customers going to give up trading? Do degenerate gamblers give up gambling? Maybe they leave RH but they aren't going away. Of course this just means that this will happen again somewhere else because it's a plumbing problem.

Are customers going to give up trading? Do degenerate gamblers give up gambling? Maybe they leave RH but they aren't going away. Of course this just means that this will happen again somewhere else because it's a plumbing problem.
So now you agree that RH will lose its customers and go away.😉 I agree that some other degenerates will try to come along to fill the vacuum left behind.

I can assure you, their stance on GME has had absolutely zero effect of my opinion, use, and enjoyment of RH.

So now you agree that RH will lose its customers and go away.😉 I agree that some other degenerates will try to come along to fill the vacuum left behind.
No, still taking the side RH will be fine. Lose customers? Sure, some. But where they going? Sofi, Public? Meh. This will all be forgotten in about 6 months. Not saying you might not be right, but I have seen dumpster fires like this before. The flame always loses fuel at some point.

my gut instinct says it will be unlikely RH institutes fees. that would kill them faster than any PR nightmare.

what will get me to leave RH? fees. plain and simple. otherwise i don't care. there are other free broker apps and RH wasn't the only broker to freeze trading on GME and others anyway

We got a hard core addict here.😉 The coming fees and regulation will probably have some effect on your opinion, use, and enjoyment though.
My inability to purchase AMD today is having a much larger effect of my piss-off-ed-mess. No idea why it keeps throwing an error.

my gut instinct says it will be unlikely RH institutes fees. that would kill them faster than any PR nightmare.

what will get me to leave RH? fees. plain and simple. otherwise i don't care. there are other free broker apps and RH wasn't the only broker to freeze trading on GME and others anyway
I don't know. I think I could handle a small fee as opposed to this: https://robinhood.com/us/en/support/articles/changes-due-to-recent-market-volatility/

I own or have owned at least 1/3 of that list periodically in the last year. They make it hard to justify sticking with them when you can't make money the businesses you know the best.

Methinks RH is in for an SEC investigation. The CEO twit did a live interview on a popular fake news channel last night and took a real digger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seabee Shooter
Back