Caribou Gear

Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

This at one point was my play money account. I would buy stocks that I felt like I had a bit of a had a feel for. I hit some home runs and had a few strike outs. I had just stuck out swinging on a penny stock when covid hit and decided I would stick to some safer options.

Still a little bit of stocks with some personal insights, but also a bit technology heavy. My big home run this year was IPI but I sold it already.

DXCM, DINO, CCL, and MFA are some that I’ve been in and out of for the last 10 or 15 years. DXCM would have been one of those once in a lifetime stocks that I bought about 10 years ago and sold at a hefty profit but if I had held it would be worth life changing money now.

I guess it is just a little more enjoyable to buy individual stocks than boring ETFs and index funds. I have those in my 401k and ROTH.

Green days glow with admiration. I love green. Red burns.

I was querying about GLD ETF earlier. Found this review of the Precious yellow to hold good karat weight.

"Gold prices popped and silver surged to its strongest daily percentage gain in 20 months on Monday, helped by declines in the U.S. dollar and Treasury yields.

"The fundamental backdrop is getting less bearish" for gold, analysts at the Sevens Report said, but investors should expect the yellow metal to sink to new lows "if we do not see a peak in yields and the buck." "You're going to have to see a close back above $1,700 to get the (gold) bulls revived a little bit, and even that, really doesn't change the technical posture a whole lot," Kitco's Jim Wyckoff said."

Anyone considering a buy alert value, for those looking into actual gold or a market ETF of gold?

Screenshot_20221005-000903-408.png

Last edited:
I think right now we are experiencing my favorite economics /trading phrase…a dead cat bounce. Most likely shorts booking profits prior to CPI announcement

I think right now we are experiencing my favorite economics /trading phrase…a dead cat bounce. Most likely shorts booking profits prior to CPI announcement
Kind of agree, although DCB is a bit depressing when referring to the entire market. The volume the last couple of days was light, even compared to last Friday. That makes it hard to trust the bounce. I took off calls yesterday and bought puts (took those off this morning). Although we hear it all the time, this jobs report will be the most important in a while. ADP number was stronger than expected and ISM services is solid too. If we added more than 250k jobs, this market will easily see new lows. CPI will start to weaken just due to denominator effect, but Fed won't stop until economy looks to be weakening.

That dead cat is starting to twitch............
dead-cat-cpr.gif

Seems like you might give it back if jobs data starts rolling over on Friday. Unemployed people purchase much less O&G.
OPEC cut 2MM BOEd and the SPR oil rolls off in Nov.

Europe hasn’t figured out gas for the winter and I believe Freeport LNG is slated to come back in Nov.

I think those all provide some decent reasons to be bullish over the winter.

Though your point is well met. I’m not sure where oil will go in the near term, but I’d guess it stays above $65 and below $100.

I mean I suck at investing, but I don't suck this bad.

Europe hasn’t figured out gas for the winter and I believe Freeport LNG is slated to come back in Nov.

Though your point is well met. I’m not sure where oil will go in the near term, but I’d guess it stays above $65 and below $100.

Self inflicted.

OPEC has been underproducing, which is why the number is 2m instead of the 1m they floated last week. But I agree, mostly only reasons to be bullish oil prices. The first cold wave will send nat gas through the roof. But in the end, nothing cures high prices like high prices and if economic data keeps coming in that doesn't show cracks, Fed is going to send rates higher.

I mean I suck at investing, but I don't suck this bad.
That guy had fun while it lasted....local guy git busted here a few years back for something similar.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back