NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

Hold until it parlays a wardrobe of Sitka John.

I was actually pretty pissed. I always get a 6 pack of great value extra strong in the red pack. Living by myself it lasts me about 3 months. I was down to 2 rolls, which is when I usually restock. I don't watch the regular news, so I didn't know about this toilet paper crisis. So, I go to get my 6 pack, and the entire shelf is empty except for three 12 packs of my toilet paper and some single ply Scott. So, I ended up having to get the 12 pack and it wasn't in my grocery budget, so it kinda screwed me. But, I can poop all I want for like 7 months and even have friends over to have poop parties :unsure:

Just checked S&P close, now I see what you are alluding to. Early stage crisis always cause steep buy/sell reactions to even the littlest news, did really matter when he did it.

I’ve only ever worked at publicly traded banks and whenever there is bad news to report (layoffs, branch closings, etc.) it always seemed to be reported after close on Friday - hoped people forget about it over the weekend.

Trump throws out some good news 15 minutes before close, get people buying without a chance to really digest it, then the market closes and everybody has a warm fuzzy over the weekend.

I’ve only ever worked at publicly traded banks and whenever there is bad news to report (layoffs, branch closings, etc.) it always seemed to be reported after close on Friday - hoped people forget about it over the weekend.

Trump throws out some good news 15 minutes before close, get people buying without a chance to really digest it, then the market closes and everybody has a warm fuzzy over the weekend.

According to your two scenarios both involve timing news to have prices end higher than they would otherwise, so isn't it business as usual?

Made a good chunk (hobby level) playing long w/ AMD. sold @ 1400est. Placed a short order @ MOC for the same - AMD. If I'm wrong, I have an alert set to sell @ 5%. basically, I'll cut my profits from Friday though at this point, I'm playing with market money vs my own (in a sense). This is just for fun.

I have a sneaking suspicion, come Monday, there will be some profit taking off a 9%+ Friday on top of current trends. 9% almost demands a "market correction".

Just a thought. In a national emergency what would be the big harm in shutting down the market all together and idle it until said emergency is lifted? Maybe it is just me but I could care less about the day traders and am more worried about the average 401K holders. They have the circuit breaker, why not have a shut off switch.

Just a thought. In a national emergency what would be the big harm in shutting down the market all together and idle it until said emergency is lifted? Maybe it is just me but I could care less about the day traders and am more worried about the average 401K holders. They have the circuit breaker, why not have a shut off switch.
I understand that it might sound good on the surface, but could cause much more harm. It would just have caused even bigger "pre-govt shutdown" dumping and speculating on when the govt would shut it down and for how long. Plus retires often need monthly sales out of 401k for their bills, and there are market liquidity issues, when would you restart? what about after hours trading? or private trading?, or needing assets for tax day?, or skewing investments to places not subject to govt. shutdowns, what about bond markets and commodity markets? if commodity markets how do you suppose we manage the flow of ag/food chain? If bond markets effected how does govt raise funds to pay for emergency services?, etc, etc, A day or two maybe, but they are saying numbers in US will rise until early May so I can't imagine a 2-3 month shutdown helping.

Last edited:
I understand that it might sound good on the surface, but could cause much more harm. It would just have caused even bigger "pre-govt shutdown" dumping and speculating on when the govt would shut it down and for how long. Plus retires often need monthly sales out of 401k for their bills, and there are market liquidity issues, when would you restart? what about after hours trading? or private trading?, or needing assets for tax day?, or skewing investments to places not subject to govt. shutdowns, what about bond markets and commodity markets? if commodity markets how do you suppose we manage the flow of ag/food chain? If bond markets effected how does govt raise funds to pay for emergency services?, etc, etc, A day or two maybe, but they are saying numbers in US will rise until early May so I can't imagine a 2-3 month shutdown helping.
Stops on national emergency declared, ends when lifted.

He needs to shut his freaking yapper on twitter, we can dump 9% on monday faster than that nitwit can tweet.

He needs to shut his freaking yapper on twitter, we can dump 9% on monday faster than that nitwit can tweet.
Talking about demoting the Fed Chairman will surely help stabilize the markets.

Not a fan of Government interfering with publicly owned companies. I understand and agree with regulatory action for the "white collar" criminal element however, the market is designed based upon public sentiment / ownership. My two pennies worth.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back