Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Anybody Buying Yet? Where’s the Bottom?

Game to hear thoughts. Little guppies looking to inflate?
The S&P tech sector is now almost flat YTD, so in hind sight looks like he was right. SMH still up 15% though, so Apple has been a big drag. This is typically a seasonally weak period and last week was an option expiration. S&P down about 5% now, so we see if it gets bought. That Buy-The-Dip down 5% level hasn't worked great the last couple of years. Down 7-10% is a better spot, but with flows coming back this week it will be interesting to watch.

That's a whole 'nother world I've not dipped my toes into. Are you vested/interested in the crypto market? If so, what have you learned - ballpark pros/cons?
No sir...but I wouldn't turn down a Brady bunch deal & help dupe the masses...

Last edited:
Well you see we got bitcoin, ethereum and then thousands of shitcoins. I’ve lost small money on shitcoin gambles and it was fun. The thing is though with any cryptocurrency, it’s years of stasis. Then a frenetic run up quick followed like a rug pull down down bam. Rinse, repeat. Right now the only crypto I own is a shitcoin called shibu inu. They made it as a joke to the more popular dogecoin. And I like the honesty there, like this is only ever going to be a shitcoin because dogecoin is dumb. Freakin love that humor. I own 1.5M having invested $24😆.

Second Q for all investors:

Visa / MasterCard. Thoughts?

Interesting article:

"Looking at the math
Both stocks have pulled back slightly during the past month, but they still trade at what many would consider premium valuations. Visa and Mastercard sell at price-to-earnings (P/E) ratios of 31 and 38, respectively. That might discourage prospective investors who believe this greatly reduces the potential to achieve solid returns in the future. But these valuations are lower than their trailing-five-year averages.

Based on the favorable qualities I discussed above, not many people would argue that the P/E multiples Visa and Mastercard command are unwarranted. These are undoubtedly two of the best businesses on the face of the planet.

If they can keep up their impressive growth trends, their market caps have a very good shot at hitting $1 trillion by 2030. According to average of analyst estimates, Visa and Mastercard are projected to increase their earnings per share at annualized rates of 13.3% and 16.7%, respectively, during the next three years. Should that continue throughout the decade, which I believe it will, then investors have a lot to be excited about."

Shitcoins for Dummies version - please.

Are you dependent on a commerce to accept your version of shitcoin - hence, it could be a billion though reality it's worthless?
I use coinbase which has the option to cash out to USD or convert into any other crypto that’s available on that exchange. Overall yes, it is because of commerce, which gives worth to any government paper, is how all crypto is valued.

Second Q for all investors:

Visa / MasterCard. Thoughts?

Interesting article:

Never could get comfortable with the valuation of either. The entire business is based on growth in transactions and inflation, which means it is very economically sensitive. The entire business is ripe for disruption. Everyone that uses your product hates it because you are scraping 2-3% off the top. The only thing saving it is American's hate for government solutions and Visa and MC lobbying efforts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back