Caribou Gear Tarp

Any CO bulls down?

Great job guys. I know exactly where that mud hole is. Except it didn't rain when I was there. Awesome scenery and great pics of the whole process.

Thanks for sharing.

Awesome, you guys had a heck of a hunt. It's not fun until something's buried in mud. Congrats on the bull, those pics with the lake in the background are stunning.

Follow up notes:

1. Need to get my own ATV, I might not have been stuck if I was not afraid of rolling someone else’s down the hill
2. I’ve never been in worse physical shape on a elk hunt, this was painful and easily avoidable
3. Oak makes a hell of a good Pageant Mommy/coach for the CSEH contest
4. Never put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to shoot, that could have been ugly
5. Oak provides a heck of a comfortable camp
6. Always a good thing when the camp next to you breaks out the whiskey, you’ll have the place to yourself the next morning
7. Can’t wait to return the favor to Oak, hopefully it will be a hunt for those critters with the curly horns though
8. Always check the battery terminals on ATV when running poorly:)

For the scientific minds or those who like to measure the pain and something useful to add to thread of nonsense.

Attachments

• IMG_20130925_084842.jpg
    IMG_20130925_084842.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 709
Last edited:
I realize you're probably saving this for your neighbor, but you could've used it on that beeg bool senor.:)

When you're the guy on the rear of the ATV and your hands get cold, is it ok to put them into the pockets of the drivers coat to warm them up as you do the old hold on/love squeeze?

2 things I never thought I'd see posted here. Dink on an ATV, and Oak mud wrestling.

Some things can't be unseen...

Nice bull!

When you're the guy on the rear of the ATV and your hands get cold, is it ok to put them into the pockets of the drivers coat to warm them up as you do the old hold on/love squeeze?

yes but you never talk about it again.

Looks like some good times. Congrats on your hard earned success!

Oak sounds like the guy to have around on a hunt! . . .and Dink too, I guess.

Really nice bull. I thought you two were anti roads wilderness types? Will make a beautiful mount.

I finally had a chance to read this thread. Mrs. Fin came and looked over my shoulder, my laughter and chuckling lead her to assume I was doing something illegal, or at a minimum, immoral.

This is funny as funny gets. You guys are too much. I can only hope you have other hunts in store that can be brought to the crowd with this much wit and humor.

Oh, and congrats to Dink on the great bull and retaining his title as Colorado's Sexiest Elk Hunter. Probably practicing for the Universe's Sexiest Elk Hunter competition being held at the Hunt Expo in Salt Lake City in February 2014.

Anyone who gets to spend a camp with Oak is in for a treat. He demonstrates such proof very well in this thread.

Great job guys. I loved reading it.

Oak- Understand, I'm ok with 2-3 miles between roads too. Enjoy your trophy. Good write up.

Good stuff guys. A little disappointed there was no hero shots with the gun on the elk rack and a cig hanging from your mouth though. I guess there's always next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mallardman1911
Back