Any CO bulls down?

putm2sleep

This placed seemed to be crawling with CO bowhunters several years ago, and there were plenty of trophy's posted up by now. Who's got 'em?

I hope to be posting in October. Horse rented. Gun sighted. Pack loaded. Neck swollen.

shot one at 8 ft last week right at dark ..thought the hit was good just a tad high. monsoon rolled in about 30 mins later and rained all night. followed his tracks about 200 yards and found the arrow, dark red blood in the broadhead but once he stopped running there were fresh tracks everywhere. circled for 7 hours and stayed in the area 4 more days. no signs of anything being dead..dumbfounded

That's to bad. Sounds like you put in a great effort on the recovery.

shot one at 8 ft last week right at dark ..thought the hit was good just a tad high. monsoon rolled in about 30 mins later and rained all night. followed his tracks about 200 yards and found the arrow, dark red blood in the broadhead but once he stopped running there were fresh tracks everywhere. circled for 7 hours and stayed in the area 4 more days. no signs of anything being dead..dumbfounded

That sucks

There was minimal activity where I was at last week, but 2/9 managed elk. 1 cow and 1 small bull.

I had a spike at 30yds looking straight at me, 1 6x at 40 yds who just wouldn't commit any further in the thick timber and deadfall and then a small raghorn at 40 yds who was looking right at me. Non of them gave a broadside shot. The last raghorn never responded to a bugle even when he was 50 yds away, but did bark back at a cow call.

I'm hoping to get back up the last weekend.

Mudranger, thats a bummer man. I can see how that rain would wash away anything left behind.

This placed seemed to be crawling with CO bowhunters several years ago, and there were plenty of trophy's posted up by now. Who's got 'em?

I hope to be posting in October. Horse rented. Gun sighted. Pack loaded. Neck swollen.

I arrowed, effectivley, Colorado bear bait. Elk photo not soon in coming...:)

Nice Dinkshooter. Figured you would have something down by now? Good luck to you - looking forward to horns, candy treats and a some more nice pictures next man.

But I will say when you have a guide like this who is willing to do what ever it takes to put you on elk, things will happen!

I've had a great season so far.
Friday I finally found the bull I've been looking for. Will go back up Wed-Sat to stick him. If successful, I'll be packing meat until Thanksgiving. He'll be worth it.

Back