Antelope steaks, whats your favorite

A family friend was not expecting to draw his antelope tag this past fall takes 10 plus years and he did it in 4. Anyway life circumstances had him overseas so he couldn't take the meat with him. I ended up with animal and the meat. Does anyone have a favorite recipe?? I've never had antelope before so curious to what everyone here does.

I left the backstraps whole. My current thought process is this. Season with thyme, rosemary, pepper, garlic and pan sear it in a cast iron pan. While the meat is resting delglaze the pan with red wine, then a bit of beef broth and a tab of butter to make a glaze and pour that over roasted potatoes.

Im open to all suggestions! That is just my current idea.
Cut off a piece of the backstrap, salt it and sear it in butter. See how it tastes before you season it too much. Antelope is my favorite and I like just mildly seasoning it. Hope you enjoy it!

Big fan of the shanks and whole front shoulder (probably a bit late in your case). I season and sear and then braise/stew with mirepoix and garlic in beef or vegetable stock. Let it go on low until it falls apart.

A traditional steak au poivre recipe is the best antelope meal I've ever eaten. Peppercorns go great with the earthy flavor.

Back