Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Annual PA donation....

Gunner46

Yeah, I did it again. I just don't seem to learn from my past misfortunes. I applied for yet another futile attempt at an PA Elk permit. OHHH, but it gets worse ! Yeah, Yeah.... I applied for both the general hunt AND the late season cow hunt ! I know, I know I'm an addict, but the 338 Fed needs to earn it's worth.

Where is that figure from?
From here Elk hunting pa
Of course, odds get better the more points you have, but even with max points it’s a super hard draw. The PA game commission site has the odds listed for all possible points and the refreshed 2020 odds get posted in August.
Good luck!

From here Elk hunting pa
Of course, odds get better the more points you have, but even with max points it’s a super hard draw. The PA game commission site has the odds listed for all possible points and the refreshed 2020 odds get posted in August.
Good luck!
+1
sam.jpg

I continue to put in for the elk hunt in TN every year, knowing that the odds of being drawn are slim. I feel your pain.

But, hey, somebody’s gotta get drawn...

I put in as well and will continue to do so. Actually just got back from taking the family to Benzette for a few days. The entire time looking at public land and places with access. Good I have a NM tag in my pocket.

I put in as well and will continue to do so. Actually just got back from taking the family to Benzette for a few days. The entire time looking at public land and places with access. Good I have a NM tag in my pocket.
An here the bull pics you sent I thought were from a scouting trip!?
LOL
I have a pic of a 8by8 that scores over 420 from a few years ago. Its crazy big! It was in a back yard knocking apples from a tree with his antlers

I applied for all 3 - bow either sex, rifle either sex and late season cow.
My situation in NY and NYC leaves me with little opportunity to hunt elk - especially now. Maybe I'll get drawn and get to go on my first elk hunt.

I have max point and apply every yr incl bow and late season now too.
happy to do it I also get tickets for the raffle tag
my Idaho planns went to heck with the virus, so maybe ill get lucky and still get to hunt elk here at home
If any out of state folks get a Tag im happy to help any way I can! unless I get one too then your on your own sucka lol

I have max point and apply every yr incl bow and late season now too.
happy to do it I also get tickets for the raffle tag
my Idaho planns went to heck with the virus, so maybe ill get lucky and still get to hunt elk here at home
If any out of state folks get a Tag im happy to help any way I can! unless I get one too then your on your own sucka lol
I'll let ya know!

I'm right there with you.
Perhaps, Pa residents should demand that non residents receive no more than 10% of the allotted tags. Or maybe, They should demand that Nonresidents pay 10 times what residents pay for a license. Joking of course......maybe.

I'm right there with you.
Perhaps, Pa residents should demand that non residents receive no more than 10% of the allotted tags. Or maybe, They should demand that Nonresidents pay 10 times what residents pay for a license. Joking of course......maybe.
I actually think they should do just that.

I didn't know nonresidents could apply there . Ill have to check that out

I've applied every year and started applying for the archery and late hunt last year. You can't win if you don't play, plus I consider every application I do a donation to a good cause. It's a bonus when you actually draw.

I swing by to see the elk every so often took Tammy up last yr for a few days she never saw elk in the wild before and she had a blast saw a few bulls square off and almost come to blows
she loved it and I really like having elk in the Pa woods again, RMEF did a lot of help gettign our heard where it is today

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FelixMarvin
Back