And the Hits just keep on coming....WY now.

Trial153

Some changes possibly coming to NR WY tag quotas.

SF0103 "Resident and nonresident hunting license issuance and fees," was filed last week and will be assigned to the Senate Travel, Recreation and Wildlife (TRW) Committee, tomorrow. The bill will need to make it out of the committee to be considered on the floor.

HERE is a link to the Bill.

The bill has two major changes:

1. It changes Wyoming's current limited quota tag allocation for all big game species (elk, deer, antelope, moose, sheep, goat, bison) to 90% resident hunters, and 10% nonresident hunters (90/10).
2. It increases prices for nonresident limited quota big game tags. For years, Wyoming's nonresident tags have been significantly underpriced compared to other states and this bill brings these prices up to market levels. These price increases result in $8 million/year of new revenue to the WY G&F Department.

Very close to the bill that failed miserably last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
This proposal would go into effect in 2022? Or for quotas this year?

And just like that thousands of folks will face the decision of whether or not to burn their points now or hold on to them since they'll be twice as necessary going forward. Point creep will be an ugly bastard next year.

Id be surprised if this didn't go through, seems like a win-win for residents and 10% for NR has been established as the standard by most western states

I actually like what i read, based on the recent trends from other states its fair. Wyoming was extremely generous with NR big3 tags and bison now there trying to level the playing field. Price increases are crazy but demand is crazy also. No outfitter fluff just simple adjustments that i agree with, sorry if your on losing side....

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back