An Elk .. Finally!

William Christy

Thought I might get skunked this year. It was a great season though.. I should have had this same bull during the archery season. I was less than 30 yards from him with no shot and moved into wind for him.
frown.gif

I was wading thigh-deep snow to get to him this weekend. It was a tough deal and probably a day of elk hunting I won't forget. I owe a huge thanks to my friend Peter who volunteered to help out. He's a glutton for punishment and a madmad backpacking machine. It's the 3rd bull he's helped me backpack out. He said to me as I was gasping for air at one point this weekend, with his Slovakian accent.. "Too much office job?"
biggrin.gif

2003_Kurt_bull_2.jpg

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 11-02-2003 23:51: Message edited by: Greenhorn ]</font>

He's a hell of a bull Greeny!!
eek.gif

CONGRATS!!

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 11-02-2003 23:03: Message edited by: trophy_killer ]</font>

Thank god the year wouldn't be right without you and an Elk and a Pronghorn,you know of course it inspires us minions to get of our big fat arses and do some hunting
hump.gif
hump.gif

Good bull Greenhorn and a great photo too! I bet the trudge through the snow was a burner on the legs though but it sur is worth it isn't it. Congrats on a job well done.
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

Holy Balls that's a big elk! Congrats! I guess the wolves didn't get all the elk in MT!
wink.gif

Way to go Greenhorn, a nice bull for sure.

You do know that you might not have had such a hard time getting your bull if you hadn't been hunting in all that wide open country. Geez, the things these rookies will do to get out of having to work for their elk!
wink.gif

Congrats Greeny!!

Helluva nice Bull Greenhorn,Yes sir packing them out of "deep" snow like that is one tough job, Congrats on that biggun.

Congratulations! It was 70 here about 5 am yesterday, but cooler with a breeze and all.

Wow, that's another huge elk you shot there! Congratulations again, way to go!

Does Peter hunt them too or just help carry out the ones you shoot?

You could have had the Greek go with you and you would have gotten a decent bull.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Had to come back and take another look at the beast.
cool.gif

Once again ( I find myself saying this every year ) Great bull greenhorn, congratulations !
Don't tell me you shot that thing with the 25-06 ? Did you ever get the big gun shooting right ?

Congrats Kurt!

I think on Wednesday or maybe sooner? We will see another big MT bull. Rockydog let me know he got one Sunday and will be packing it out tommorrow. Hopefully its not too haneous tommorrow as its been snowing ALL DAY today and is supposed to get another 6-8 inches in the mountains tommorrow.

WoooHooo! I love elk season, even when I'm not the one getting them!

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back