American Cities

Seriously? Perfectly dressed, everyone in top physical condition? Feds.

Your standards for dressing and fitness are quite different than mine, but free country and all that.

Looks like a bunch of scrawny, uncoordinated teens in red t-shirts and hoodies wearing masks with a few older pudgy guys thrown in.

That’s a wild video 😮.
I’ve got a lot of people in Nashville. I’ve lived there previously and have been visiting for decades. Great town for the most part, but it’s got its dumpy areas and other problems all the same. not really surprised by Oak’s post at all.

How hot did you go on that chicken?
”damn hot” which is the 2nd hottest.

I don’t think I could handle “shut the cluck up ” which is the hottest.

Last edited:
One of these days I am going to convince the love of my life of over 30 years that we need to move to Shelby. mtmuley
Do it. You never know how many years you have left. Some weird disease could strike you at any time. One that is no respecter of how hard you work or what shape you are in.

I've never had Aaron's Franklin's BBQ, but have bought his rubs and copied his sauces, and they are excellent. And we were in Austin in the days of the Whole Earth Provision Company. Bought my wife's Trailwise pack and bag there. Bought mine years before. T- shirts too. "Powdermilk Biscuits; Heavens They're Tasty".

I don't think I've ever been to a city that big (as any listed). But of the big ones I have been to, it seems like there's good parts, and bad parts to every city. I'm sure Phoenix and Vegas have parts that are amazing, but you have to be in the right spot to see them. Between the drugs and homelessness (typically related) I think it's getting harder to find that slice of good looking city remaining.

Edit: after checking populations, I have been to cities that big... just not as cool. I need to go to nashville

Last edited:
At one time Missoula was quite alright. Started driving road trucks out of there in 1973, I think that was the year. Mountain Pacific Trucking. Back then for a city Missoula didn't bother me. haven't been in Missoula for years but have heard things that just don't sit well with me. Took my mother up to see my sister in Kalispell maybe 2002 and couldn't believe the shape of Kalispell. Over run with hippi type's! Not a place I'd want to be anymore. Haven't been in a big city I can recall other than Bend, Oregon since I retired almost 20 yrs ago! And need a damn good reason to go to Bend!
I've lived in Kalispell since 1981. I have no idea why someone would ever think it was overrun with hippie types.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back