Alright Fatties.. Who is in ?!?!

Good luck Moose. I'd enjoy doing it, but will be in AK at that time.

Hold off on the carb loading until a week or so prior.

CHhhhhit... I forgot about this ;)

35 days... will be here too fast, but I'm still in. How About you Pointer ? :D :D

did my first standard (not metric) century ride today on the bike. Total of 105.5 miles. I was not having fun the last 15 miles as my lower back was killing me and I just wanted off that bike. Did not help having high winds either but I got it donehump.
Trying to get things all dialed in for my first ever race in August. I am going to enter in the 40+yr old class for the "race around the lake" a 90 mile race around lake Winnabago. that should be interesting:cool:

I haven't done Crap and I'm back up in weight.... I jsut started working out again. The First day after being off for 7+ weeks sucked the next day. With Cast off arm and Back from Africa, I got a good 4 weeks. I just need to make the best of it.

Pointer, You still in ?

I was not having fun the last 15 miles as my lower back was killing me and I just wanted off that bike.

dawson-crying.jpg

That's about what I looked like, but with less hair, and a bottle of MGD in my face.

Moosie
Wish I was back in the states, I would be in for sure and could hook you up with a place to stay. It is pretty much in my backyard...

I got a buddy who has done it the past few years, the swim is in a man made private lake just off the highway that is one of those "pay per fish" deals. He says there are some monster trout that you can see with your goggles as you paddle along. They do it early in the morning, and in his words, "that lake is a real shriveler"

Wish I were there, I think I could handle it. Ran the Berlin half marathon in April, and did a 51 mile bike ride on Saturday. Can't swim worth a $hit, but think I could figure it out.

Stories about Rexburg are true, No bars within city limits. But just outside the city limit is a new restaurant/bar called the HARD HAT. Good food

If you live through it, I'm in next year!
Best of luck, my money is on you:cool:

Im still in for $50 on Moosie if anyone wants to take my money...........someone should jump on it, with Moosie coming off a broken arm and the man boobs getting in the way of a successful breast stroke, thats a long swim when all you can do is doggie paddle.

any takers?

I'm not in a fat off, but have been doing a little trail running in preparation for this summer's Bridger Ridge Run next month. Here's some photos from a run on Friday with 2 friends, roughly the 2nd half of it, about 11 miles worth on top of the Bridgers.
DSCN0309.jpg

DSCN0314.jpg

DSCN0322.jpg

DSCN0325.jpg

DSCN0326.jpg

DSCN0327.jpg

DSCN0329.jpg

Moosie, the bigger events (which I highly doubt Rexburg qualifies as) will have "strippers" at T1. You come out of the water and there are several volunteers waiting next to mats on the ground that you sit down on and they help strip off your wetsuit. There's no time to get naked anyway. This is a race afterall. In an olympic event, a pro will usually have a T1 time under 2 minutes and T2 under 1 min. They don't mess around. Me... I take much longer because I like to take a dump, sign a few autographs, and find my mom in the crowd to wave to... usually in that order. :D

I went from vomiting in disgust at the man boobs picture to shooting Mt. Dew out my nose from laughing so damn hard at this post....now my keyboard and monitor have vomit with a Mt. Dew glaze on them.... :cool:

Pointer, You still in ?
Yep. Hitting the pool in the morning! I still have a long way to go to be where I should be, but I'm pretty sure I'll finish. Just not sure which day...! :D

PS- I have lost some of by 'baby weight'...I guess it's about time he is over 1 year old! :D

Greenhorn- That is some mean looking country to run through. Hell, I'd be hard pressed to walk it! Good luck!

That's some tough running Greeny....but I'm just not sure about the "rainbow warriors" in that last pic- looks a bit too much like the last hike up Brokeback Mt....:eek:;)

Chit... YAh, I've been doing nothing for almost 8 weeks but eating.... I have started full out training ....Yesterday ;)

I hit the treadmill and my time was WAAyyyyy crappier then earlier in the year. But I'll catch up fast again. Heck I got 4 weeks... (ish) 3.5 weeks... whatever ;)

I haven't swam or ridden bike. Believe it or not I'm mostly worried about the bike. first off I Don't have one. 2nd. My A$$ hurts bad. I just rode for 1/2 hour on the bike I have and between 1/2 flat tires, gears that shifted on random, and the seat that kept going up my butt, it sucked hard !!!! so, I'm at home cooling off sitting in a nice chair typing now :D :D

Pointer, Whats your plans ? Are you going to stay in a hotel around there ? Are you going to the friday PRE meeting ? I'm going to be in Pocatello thursday night probably. I have some drinking buddies I haven't een in a long time..... I should be recovered by Sat morning ... ;)

Greeny, I thought you swore you were never going to gun that again.... Are you going through a mid life ? that run looks like it sucks. Only thing I can say is don't let that old lady pass you again, this time push her over !!!!!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back