Alright Fatties.. Who is in ?!?!

Yeah, Moosie I'm in on one condition. Hunttalk.com sponsors some hunter orange shirts and mesh back hats for those competing! :D

Seriously, I'll play. Have you registered yet?

I haven't registered yet. I'll look at it tomorrow morning and get the registration in. I wanted to make sure I was doing the right one. there is 4 other guys here locally that are doing it as well.

Rexburg has a conservative LDS college that used to have rules which either banned shorts or required them to be at least knee length. The college also has curfews, etc. It was and is mainly a school for those who can't get into BYU. :D

Here is a Answer I got from a Friend that did it last year :

Did you change in between swimming and biking ?

No. I had shorts on under my wetsuit and threw on my shoes and a shirt in the transition area. They specifically prohibit nudity in the transition area so if you were hoping to strut your stuff sorry to disappoint.

Moosie, the bigger events (which I highly doubt Rexburg qualifies as) will have "strippers" at T1. You come out of the water and there are several volunteers waiting next to mats on the ground that you sit down on and they help strip off your wetsuit. There's no time to get naked anyway. This is a race afterall. In an olympic event, a pro will usually have a T1 time under 2 minutes and T2 under 1 min. They don't mess around. Me... I take much longer because I like to take a dump, sign a few autographs, and find my mom in the crowd to wave to... usually in that order. :D

Why wouldn't you jsut take a dump while swimming ? ;)

My friends had a T1 at 5mins and 4 mins and both a T2 at 2 mins.

Heck, yesterday I didn't even know what a T1 or T2 was.

Why wouldn't you jsut take a dump while swimming ?
Haven't tried that yet, but I will say that it's customary for me to pee in my wetsuit while treading water waiting for the horn to sound off. I'm a skinny guy and get cold easy so the trapped pee helps keep me warm. :D Looks like you'll have water temp 67-73deg so you probably don't want to use this technique... you might overheat. ;)

header_image.jpg

I'm registered :D

I usually drink my pee, it helps build up stamina, you should try that... ;)

Dang! You were serious. Well, welcome to the world of multi-sport, as they call it. I can see it now, Moosie enjoying the bike portion of the race...

peewee.jpg

This event wasn't on my race list for the year, but now I might have to add it, especially if some other Hunttalkers show up to heckle you. :D Now you've got 6 1/2 months to train. Vaya con dios, amigo,... vaya con dios.

Poop in a Wetsuit ? Bum flap :)

Well.. went to the Gym tonight. I walked 100 ft and ate 2 bigmacs lrg fries and a shake with a XL coke chaser..... Thats alot of work !!

What's the bottom line on calories there? I ate cereal last night, getting ready for the big meals this weekend. But, if I cut them out and get in some exercise, I might stay low (relatively speaking), or go lower in weight.

I ate cereal last night, getting ready for the big meals this weekend.

Tom are you in "training" to eat big meals?

How does one get "ready" to eat a big meal?

Is this something you look forward to?

Are the "big meals" a competition?

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back