Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Alaska, throw me a bone

Ovis

Third trip up since May. First was bear on the peninsula, second was only three weeks ago with the kids and girlfriend. Had a good time traveling the state via RV trying our luck at salmon in the fresh. Each trip...completely skunked. Well, that isn't necessarily true, the girlfriend and I had a decent haul on the salt for halibut and silvers. So I am sitting at Denver International on my way back up to Anchorage. Buddy and I are driving up to Fairbanks on Friday to fly out into the Brooks range for sheep, caribou and arctic grizz. This will be the most coin I have dropped on a fly-in ever. Hoping for a little luck this trip. Will provide some updates in the days to come.

Good luck to all the sheep hunters heading out the door for the opener.

Good luck! Looking forward to living vicariously through your reports.

My dad and two brothers are doing the opening week. I'm heading up on the 16th hoping for a caribou or a dall sheep.

Here is a start of vicarious living Oak. Just got seated. I could likely smell the leather bound books and scotch from first class (I'm the first row behind the rich folk) but the pugent euro-smell of the French gal beside me is overwhelming. Just when I was about to complain about a loss of senses because of a cold, maybe it isn't so bad even if I won't be able to clear my ears.

3rd time is a charm. I am SO jealous.

Dammit I am not on a plane headed there right now!!

Good luck Ovis. Can't wait to hear how you do. I'll be there one month from today for sheep, moose, and griz. Hope you have a great hunt!

Best of luck, we need to get all the AK hunttalk guys together for beer when you get out so we get first look before pictures are posted!

You really can't beat the Brooks Range in the fall...
Be safe and good luck Ovis. Bring back photos for us.

Thanks for all the well wishes guys. Twelve days in the field you would think we could manage to catch something. Speaking of catching. My luck on the fishing has already changed. Twelve hook ups, landed seven silvers...too bad they were all fouled hook and had to go back in the drink. Baby steps...

At the rabbit creek shooting range and just finished up my three practice shots for the year with the .300. Hey, don't judge me...meat taste better than paper.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back