Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Accountant cost

Bigjay73

I've always used online tax prep, this year the new wife wants to use am accountant since we now have a rental property. With all.of our account info consolidated into spreadsheets by us, it's $1500 to fill out our taxes. This seems kinda high, what are you guys paying? We have a rental, a main residence and only our regular jobs as any other type of income, nothing too complicated.

My parents got their logging business audited way back 45+ years ago and for the audit defense, switched to a guy just after he got his license. The local IRS guy thought something was fishy but couldn't find it, sent it up to the state guy, who couldn't find it, then it went to the regional guy who called it quits. My parents used him till they died, I used him till he retired, and we're still with his firm. I could tell stories but they've been worth every dime I've paid them, and he charged more per hour than my lawyer.
Like a Dr, good ones are hard to find.

I've always used online tax prep, this year the new wife wants to use am accountant since we now have a rental property. With all.of our account info consolidated into spreadsheets by us, it's $1500 to fill out our taxes. This seems kinda high, what are you guys paying? We have a rental, a main residence and only our regular jobs as any other type of income, nothing too complicated.
For my business and a personal tax return I’m paying $900ish. You’re also in CO, happy to pass along his name. I recommend all my clients to this firm, makes life so much easier.

If anyone wants a recommendation, feel free to DM me

I was paying similar to @MtnElk for my business and personal combined. I have switched to mtnelk’s guy for this last year though

For my business and a personal tax return I’m paying $900ish. You’re also in CO, happy to pass along his name. I recommend all my clients to this firm, makes life so much easier.

If anyone wants a recommendation, feel free to DM me
Thanks, ill DM you. $900 seems more reasonable if the amount of hiurs for businesses vs rental is similar. I'd actually think a simple rental would be less work, but I obviously don't know shit lol

If you have rental property, you have depreciation, so $1500 seems not too high.

IMG_6210.jpeg

Thats for 3x K1's, 2x W2's, and some 1099's - personal taxes for the family. A rental property is not on the level of a full blown c-corp, your estimate seems way high. My corporate taxes are closer to the $1500 mark. This is in CA/NV.

I used the same local accounting firm in Bozeman for 30 + years to do personsl/ corporate. Loyal to the T. Rates kept going up as Bozeman began filling up with big hitters. Once it exceeded 2k I bailed.
Local accountant less than half.
No offense @Big Fin 🤣🤣

I farm, have gross revenues over 2.5 mil. Sell seed with gross revenues over 1 mil. Both have tons of deductions and schedules that have to be filled out. I paid $1950 this year, I think you’re being WAY overcharged.

$800 +/- for two businesses, my personal and our 16 year old son. It’s the wrong time of year to be switching accountants, but maybe find a new one after tax season. Best of luck.

I’m in CO and had our tax lady does for us a 1099 job, two small businesses and a regular W2 job and I paid 650 this year. Agree with above that you may be getting overcharged. My parents use the same lady and they have a rental property and from what I remember it was about the same as me. Let me know if you want her info!

Like anything you hopefully get what you pay for but mine is less than that and I think he’s good, although I don’t have anything to compare him to.

I think my S-corp return is $750 or $800 and individual for wife and I is $300.
I think.
I’ll know for sure soon

Maybe Newberg does them for HT members in exchange for icecream on Fridays.

Turbotax online with audit defense and live CPA support will run you like $300. Rental property is not complicated and it'll walk you through every aspect. It's a piece of cake of you're upfront and honest.

I did my own through Turbo Tax until FY 2022. Last year I paid an accountant $400. This year the firm said it was raising costs about 5%.

It is personal taxes for my full-time job and my wife's job, as well as an LLC we started.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back