Access to public land lost due to hunters using semi-auto rifles

Sounds like one of millions of emotional people we get to share our country with. If it’s any comfort to you, you’re not alone. I know a few myself.

Maybe the “F Your Feelings” flag/sticker guys with the truck nuts that most of have grown to cringe at are more crucial to society than i thought. They’re a counter balance, eh?

Counter point - let's send them all into low orbit with Elon & his fawning club of dolts and let them eat each other while the sane people get back to arguing about which Bachelor is the best.

Is a Remington 740 or a Browning BAR evil and scary too?
Doubtful. People with AR type rifle's have gone out of their way being in your face with them. Sure they are simply a semi auto but the in your face garbage hurt's more than it help's! Sort of llike people walking around wwith open carry hand guns, all the is is in your face to people that don't know any better. Sometime's shooter's are their own worst enemy!

This thread has zero to do with 2A. It is about a private property owner’s reaction to folks who use such owners land in a manner they did not like. No government infringement anywhere to be found here to provoke the need for anyone’s “cold dead hands”.
You are correct sir,..I’m so stoned on pain meds from this broken back I have no idea what the hell I even meant. I reported and deleted myself!

I will answer your question through the eyes of a retired rural school teacher i know quiet well.

Her dad was a life long big game hunter. She began going out hunting with him when she was 10, She can spot big game like a professional guide. She took one deer once. not her thing but totally supports hunting and hunters.

My mother in law would agree with her for different reasons. 8 years ago she didn't care if anyone owned one. After a shooting she'll see guys walking around town with them strapped to there chest. "Come and take it." Flags "#*^@#* your feelings." etc. That is what makes her feel like they need to go. Not "The Democrats" or CNN, It's the owners of them being asinine that makes her hate them. If she talks about it to any gunowner they just start getting aggressive and saying the usual pre-canned attacks rather than listen and try to discuss it intelligently. So, she quietly votes for them to go. And that crowd is growing.

I own several little black guns. Why? They're great guns. Well built and accurate. My A.R. is one of the best coyote rifles I've ever owned.

We all hunt. The advantage of a quick follow up shot cannot be overlooked. That being said it does make landowners nervous when they hear rapid fire on their place. Imagine sitting there drinking your morning coffee and hearing BOOM, BOOM, BOOMBOOMBOOM, "RICOCHET" BOOM. On your property. It would make anybody sour a bit. Hopefully the guys that did it have good reason and can talk to her.

I will answer your question through the eyes of a retired rural school teacher i know quiet well.

Her dad was a life long big game hunter. She began going out hunting with him when she was 10, She can spot big game like a professional guide. She took one deer once. not her thing but totally supports hunting and hunters.

She once had a big chunk of land and was very generous with allowing hunters to hunt her property for free, would even bring her horses to help pack out deer or elk,

She adores her vintage saddle ring model 94 in 32 Winchester special.

She loathes AR's, To her they are the rifle that kills school children and school teachers, the preferred weapon of crazy murderers. She would not allow anyone on her property with one,

Pump rifles are benign, Lever actions are beloved, AR's are bedeviled and loaded with baggage,
Like it or not, this line of thinking is illogical nonsense.

My mother in law would agree with her for different reasons. 8 years ago she didn't care if anyone owned one. After a shooting she'll see guys walking around town with them strapped to there chest. "Come and take it." Flags "#*^@#* your feelings." etc. That is what makes her feel like they need to go. Not "The Democrats" or CNN, It's the owners of them being asinine that makes her hate them. If she talks about it to any gunowner they just start getting aggressive and saying the usual pre-canned attacks rather than listen and try to discuss it intelligently. So, she quietly votes for them to go. And that crowd is growing.

I own several little black guns. Why? They're great guns. Well built and accurate. My A.R. is one of the best coyote rifles I've ever owned.

We all hunt. The advantage of a quick follow up shot cannot be overlooked. That being said it does make landowners nervous when they hear rapid fire on their place. Imagine sitting there drinking your morning coffee and hearing BOOM, BOOM, BOOMBOOMBOOM, "RICOCHET" BOOM. On your property. It would make anybody sour a bit. Hopefully the guys that did it have good reason and can talk to her.
Well said. The flaunting crowd is a joke, unfortunately a joke that is inviting regulation that the 2A will not defend normal users against long term.

I think the flaunting it in your face crowd(with any weapon, the same happens with some open carry proponents) is doing us all a disservice.

Of course I think various groups taking similar actions regarding many issues on both sides of the isle are doing their causes more harm than good. Doesn’t matter if we’re talking about vagina hats or ARs.

I’m in favor of open carry too by the way, although I don’t see a reason to do it if concealed carry is legal, and I think a lot of people do it in a manner which is harmful to keeping it legal.

I think the flaunting it in your face crowd(with any weapon) is doing us all a disservice.

Of course I think various groups taking similar actions regarding many issues on both sides of the isle are going their causes more harm than good. Doesn’t matter if we’re talking about vagina hats or ARs.
I absolutely agree.

Wearing an AR, 3 magazines, and a handgun waving a "Don't tread on me." Flag into a McDonalds has a similar effect on a lot of people as a dude in a thong, rollerblading, waving a pride flag into the same location.

That family sitting there eating didn't care before you did that. Now they've developed a distaste for it.

Last edited:

My attitude is similar to your mother-in-law. I have hunted, shot, owned firearms my whole life. Over thirty years wearing the US Army uniform, two tours Vietnam, having fired everything military from the 38 cal pistol to the main gun on the M1 Abrams tank, I appreciate the appropriate usefulness of auto and semi-auto weapons. However, as of recent times, the "wanna-be-military" appearance and particularly the noise of the "assault" type weapons really piss me off! Hunting in a quiet spot, ready with my bow, hearing the obnoxious noises of the AR's readily "trips my trigger" of intolerance at some a$$hats not respectful of others or of the out-of-doors.
In the afore described scenario, the sad reality is that the property owner is the one with the discretion with regard to access through the private property. "Love" your M4, call the attitude "illogical nonsense" or however you wish to see it ... but the closure of the once public access is the reality ... the fact, Jack!
(Yeh, I pulled the Veteran card ... but hey, I earned it! So put that in your high capacity magazine and try to shoot the $hit out of that.)

My attitude is similar to your mother-in-law. I have hunted, shot, owned firearms my whole life. Over thirty years wearing the US Army uniform, two tours Vietnam, having fired everything military from the 38 cal pistol to the main gun on the M1 Abrams tank, I appreciate the appropriate usefulness of auto and semi-auto weapons. However, as of recent times, the "wanna-be-military" appearance and particularly the noise of the "assault" type weapons really piss me off! Hunting in a quiet spot, ready with my bow, hearing the obnoxious noises of the AR's readily "trips my trigger" of intolerance at some a$$hats not respectful of others or of the out-of-doors.
In the afore described scenario, the sad reality is that the property owner is the one with the discretion with regard to access through the private property. "Love" your M4, call the attitude "illogical nonsense" or however you wish to see it ... but the closure of the once public access is the reality ... the fact, Jack!
(Yeh, I pulled the Veteran card ... but hey, I earned it! So put that in your high capacity magazine and try to shoot the $hit out of that.)
I think not wanting guys who pretend to hunt by emptying entire mags at an animal with an AR on your property is different than thinking that ARs should be banned because they kill school children or that 10 shots from an AR is somehow different from 10 shots from a lever action or pump. I don’t like trying to hunt around knuckleheads. I’d much rather hunt on property where the owner tossed a guy for emptying mags from an AR(actually do exactly that, AND I witnessed the neighbor empty a mag at deer during bow season just Sunday morning). You can be a knucklehead with a bolt action(seen it. Been accused of it too, but I disagree), and a responsible sportsman with AR. Unfortunately there is absolutely a certain crowd drawn to ARs and they do other gun owners no favors. If you banned ARs, the same crowd would be there looking like idiots with something else.

I’m in favor of landowners having rather vast rights. By all means, if they don’t want people doing certain things on their land, they can drop the hammer at any time. We should all be very careful what we do and how we look when using private property that does not belong to us if we want to continue to have access. Believe it or not, you can loose access as quickly by where and how you drive as you can with how you use your gun. Think twice before you rip through a two track that leads to public land also.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back