Yeti GOBOX Collection

Access to public land lost due to hunters using semi-auto rifles

I must be a card-carrying member of the open carry don't tread on me tee shirt wearing hillbilly crowd, just because I truly love my M4. I mean, I sleep with it.

stereotyping?
Not nearly all AR owners are part of the crowd I’m referring to, but that crows is drawn to ARs. That crowd probably makes an extremely small minority of AR owners. Perhaps a single-digit percentage. That crowd is probably what most of the anti assault-style rifle people assume all AR owners belong to.

I think you misunderstood me. Im 100% in favor of open carry, and ARs and allowing teachers to be armed(already done is some public schools), and most other things related to the second amendment(can we repeal or overturn the NFA please? Yes I’d be happy for you to own a fully automatic version of AR). I’m in favor of protecting all of our constitutional rights. There are uncountable personality types or crowds or groups that own and like ARs. There are a few types(which I basically lumped into one) that draw a lot of attention, and are easy to dislike that seem especially drawn to ARs(but being especially drawn to ARs doesn’t make you one of those people). While they have every right to own one, they are not doing the majority of AR owners any favors when they draw a lot of negative attention. Most AR owners are not the type to draw such negative attention.

Last edited:
Man, did this thread drift or what?!

In my version of a perfect world, no public land could exist without a public access right of way, and this wouldn’t be a problem. I don’t know who decided it was OK policy to sell all the land surrounding public land(s), without public access roads/points, but they’ve done is all a disservice.

That public land belongs to the public, and we shouldn’t need to have permission from a private land owner to access it….but that ship sailed long ago.

Going back decades ago, I had a group of six friends, they were also my mentors. I called them my “Wise Ones”. They were all WW2 vets. Four saw heavy combat. I could have called them my “Wise Men” but one was a woman.

At age 19, Cora left her little town in Kentucky to join the WAC’s, Women's Army Corp. Her dad disowned her. Called he a Tramp to be with all those men. Still, she hugged him when she left

She was 5’10”, a strong farm girl yet a graceful woman as well. Her confidence kept getting attention of her superiors. Every task she did was done promptly and extra well. Even cleaning the latrines.

That was the time when women were filling roles that before were men only, to keep our boys in the field. Since she had so much unselfish grit she was recommenced for “jump school” She went through it with flying colors and earned her Wings and she later became a jump instructor.

I saw photo of her with those Paratrooper wings pinned to her beautiful full chest, with Sargent Stripes on her shoulder. Sometimes she was the first to jump,”Follow me Boys” she said.

She was one of the very first women to use the GI bill, to go to flight stewardess school. While on a flight to New York, Hattie Carnegie saw her and in two months she became a model in New York.

I met her when she was a widow in her early 60’s. She still looked like model and had an air about her of deep confidence mixed with humility. I took a room with board in her huge old two-story house overlooking the Pacific Ocean. I asked why the doorknobs were so low. “This was an orphanage she told me”. The knobs were low for little children.

There was so smoking or drinking in her house. Supper was served always at the same time. I was expected to be clean and clean shaven for every meal. If I could not make it back for supper, she expected a call early and she would make plate for me and put it in the frig. I had use of the laundry room twice a week at set times. Her house,,, her rules. Yes Ma’am!

On Memorial Day she would bring out her Bible and read the names of those she taught to jump who never made it back. On Christmas, she got cards from all over the country from the men she taught to jump out of airplanes. She became an ever so dear lifelong friend. I spoke her a few days before she died five years ago. She died as she lived, facing death peacefully, without ever a word of complaint or self-pity.

I write all this, thinking about how not all of you, yet so many of you sound like little spoiled children to me, who just want things/toys your way. Obviously, many of you care not one bit about the ever so critical image that we as hunters are offering to the world, at a time when perception is reality.

Hunting after all, is now like Ivory Soap,,,99% pure,,,,,...politics.

Going back decades ago, I had a group of six friends, they were also my mentors. I called them my “Wise Ones”. They were all WW2 vets. Four saw heavy combat. I could have called them my “Wise Men” but one was a woman.

At age 19, Cora left her little town in Kentucky to join the WAC’s, Women's Army Corp. Her dad disowned her. Called he a Tramp to be with all those men. Still, she hugged him when she left

She was 5’10”, a strong farm girl yet a graceful woman as well. Her confidence kept getting attention of her superiors. Every task she did was done promptly and extra well. Even cleaning the latrines.

That was the time when women were filling roles that before were men only, to keep our boys in the field. Since she had so much unselfish grit she was recommenced for “jump school” She went through it with flying colors and earned her Wings and she later became a jump instructor.

I saw photo of her with those Paratrooper wings pinned to her beautiful full chest, with Sargent Stripes on her shoulder. Sometimes she was the first to jump,”Follow me Boys” she said.

She was one of the very first women to use the GI bill, to go to flight stewardess school. While on a flight to New York, Hattie Carnegie saw her and in two months she became a model in New York.

I met her when she was a widow in her early 60’s. She still looked like model and had an air about her of deep confidence mixed with humility. I took a room with board in her huge old two-story house overlooking the Pacific Ocean. I asked why the doorknobs were so low. “This was an orphanage she told me”. The knobs were low for little children.

There was so smoking or drinking in her house. Supper was served always at the same time. I was expected to be clean and clean shaven for every meal. If I could not make it back for supper, she expected a call early and she would make plate for me and put it in the frig. I had use of the laundry room twice a week at set times. Her house,,, her rules. Yes Ma’am!

On Memorial Day she would bring out her Bible and read the names of those she taught to jump who never made it back. On Christmas, she got cards from all over the country from the men she taught to jump out of airplanes. She became an ever so dear lifelong friend. I spoke her a few days before she died five years ago. She died as she lived, facing death peacefully, without ever a word of complaint or self-pity.

I write all this, thinking about how not all of you, yet so many of you sound like little spoiled children to me, who just want things/toys your way. Obviously, many of you care not one bit about the ever so critical image that we as hunters are offering to the world, at a time when perception is reality.

If only Hemingway wrote such riveting tales….

You need to get ahold of people to share Cora’s story. She deserves her place in history as the first female to earn her wings instead of Pvts. Joyce Kutsch and Rita Johnson soaking up that honor they didn’t rightfully earn.
2FBB96BC-4F64-48B7-B157-AB46A8D7EEF8.png

I must be a card-carrying member of the open carry don't tread on me tee shirt wearing hillbilly crowd, just because I truly love my M4. I mean, I sleep with it.
Then let's talk about the issue calmly.

Most people in the U.S. are pro freedom. 2 people show up at their door on the same day. One is well dressed and calmly wants to discuss gun violence. They show pictures of schools being shot up using A.R. 15s. They calmly present information and talk intelligently. Bending stats and figures but talks calmly. The other has one strapped to his chest and simply just yells, "It's my right!" "Ain't nothin you can do about it!" "F×<k you!". Which one is going to earn a vote?

I'm pro gun. I'm pro ANYTHING that doesn't hurt anybody else. But don't make it easy for the anti gun crowd to take pics and say, "The same gun that killed 26 kids is freely walking around yours..." We're better off without the showmanship. Anti gun people WANT YOU TO BE THAT GUY! They WANT you making people nervous. They LOVE when people confront others with guns! It makes their case EASY. There's a reason anti gun people sell pro gun merchandise. There's a reason anti gun people want you hyped up pissing people off.

Rise above it.

Last edited:
Which one is going to earn a vote?
I’d ponder this as I checked out at the grocery store, filled up with gas, thought about my retirement accounts and kids’ futures, and other things, etc. I’d come to a conclusion that didn’t in any way include two completely retarded fuggin morons knocking on my door that I would have told to GO fug themselves before they finished their second sentence..

Netflix and Disney are drooling over this plot and I want my residuals .. Hear me out.
AOC and Greta are the main characters, the Harlem globetrotters are the expendable "paratroopers" and Hillary is the Bible narrator (Played by Oprah) its going to be epic, they liberate San Francisco only using dildos and spatulas, then do a rendition of Riverdance while fighting off a battalion of heathens wearing red hats .

I’d ponder this as I checked out at the grocery store, filled up with gas, thought about my retirement accounts and kids’ futures, and other things, etc. I’d come to a conclusion that didn’t in any way include two completely retarded fuggin morons knocking on my door that I would have told to GO fug themselves before they finished their second sentence..
Point proven.

Last edited:

?????

Not nearly all AR owners are part of the crowd I’m referring to, but that crows is drawn to ARs. That crowd probably makes an extremely small minority of AR owners. Perhaps a single-digit percentage. That crowd is probably what most of the anti assault-style rifle people assume all AR owners belong to.

I think you misunderstood me. Im 100% in favor of open carry, and ARs and allowing teachers to be armed(already done is some public schools), and most other things related to the second amendment(can we repeal or overturn the NFA please? Yes I’d be happy for you to own a fully automatic version of AR). I’m in favor of protecting all of our constitutional rights. There are uncountable personality types or crowds or groups that own and like ARs. There are a few types(which I basically lumped into one) that draw a lot of attention, and are easy to dislike that seem especially drawn to ARs(but being especially drawn to ARs doesn’t make you one of those people). While they have every right to own one, they are not doing the majority of AR owners any favors when they draw a lot of negative attention. Most AR owners are not the type to draw such negative attention.
The pro flock to it as much as the anti because of the “symbol” it is for the anti’s position…

Ultimately, it’s nothing about guns…

It’s about pure control.

I honestly have doubts this is anything other than a couple of contrived hypothetical circumstances.

If a person owns property, they are well within their rights to deny access for any reason they deem. It does not need to be rational or logical. I have been denied access because it was windy out, and they were concerned about fire. It's their call. I do not have to like it, but I have to respect their decision.

I don't own an AR type weapon. I have zero desire to have one. I also know that the overwhelming percentage of these that are sold, never get used for mayhem. I also know that the very large percentage of people who decide to shoot up a church, school, or mall choose a semi automatic weapon. Both things are true. There is no easy solution to the mass killings.
No nothing in these two situations was contrived, real deal, real people I know. Actually, there are many more examples of conflict issues

Like the woman who had a licensed animal rescue operation on 36 fenced acres. She raised an orphaned fawn deer, became a little spike buck, one day bang. It comes running back with its lower jaw shot off after a head shot went wrong,,,,opening day of season.

I lived in one mountain community for 28 years, taught biology in the school and for 7 years and offered pro-hunting lectures to a very active local Sierra Club. They were rough on me at first but they listened and became pretty reasonable. Several even wanted me to hunt their land,,,kinda patrol it. I took a lot of deer on land from anti-hunters.

I dressed well, great camo, original camo, well worn Scottish tweed jackets and I carried a handsome vintage rifle. The mystique of the hunter still is alive.

Things really began going bad in the early 1990’s. The Soviet Union broke up and as shown in the movie “Lord Of War” the USA and the world really got flooded with cheap semi-auto AK 47’s and SKS’s from former Soviet countries.

Those rifles showed up at shooting ranges, in the hunting fields, and worked their way into the urban gangs. Crime was at an all time high then and the first mass shootings, even school shootings began. It was an awful time. In the dry country those steel AK bullets were starting wildfires too

That is when the big split happened. Many people screaming for gun control and the 2nd Amendment folks digging in.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back