A new MT sportmens group needed?

onpoint

Sorry guys, but after dealing with more MT anti-everything we care about legislature this AM, I gotta pipe up again.... I also got informed by a hunting buddy of mine this AM that he attended an SCI event recently. He informed me of all the great things SCI does for hunters- I begged to differ-we agreed to disagree. I'm sorry but looking at our current state of affairs and seeing how the SCI's, NRA's, NWTF's... you get my drift... don't get involved, I firmly believe that if you want something done-do it yourself. And I don't mean putting RMEF stickers in your truck window and dropping $500 at a Pheasants Forever banquet. By do it yourself, I mean very local action-personally get involved and/or get with very local active sportsmens groups. I know that the RMEF is quasi sacred, but after being a double digit year member I have bailed on them. I sent them my reasons and asked them to please look at these reasons objectively.....no response. Maybe the little elk outfit from originally NW MT has even lost touch. SO...there seems to be a lot of like minded and very concerned Montana outdoorsmen on this forum. Is it maybe time for another Made in Montana by Montanans sportsmen's outfit? The special interests against "us" seem awful powerful....we can be too. The questions are does anybody have the interest in it, and can it be done.

my hands are bloody, not anymore than many others.....Oh and I belong to a couple different MT outfits. Maybe it is too big of an idea.......

We work with them every chance we get. They are independent.

Great group of guys, who get results!

Headwaters does great work. If you live over there or are looking to get busy, join.

Greenhorn, I'm assuming you mean your'e signing up.....if not-great humor. Actually, in honor of the possible humor AND thanks to my the realization of Ben Lamb's work in the vilest place in Montana, I am going to sign up for the MWF. Numbers of members matters. And my original question(s) still stand.....

I signed up on-line. My humor is potty-humor which is never confusing. From your post.. does Ben live in Missoula?

my humor may be confusing.......to those prone to confusion. "did he mean Helena, Missoula, or John Bozeman's Bistro??" hmm....

who knew.... all I had to do was bitch and ask questions on some dumb website, and a bunch of hunters/fishermen joined a sportsmens organization.... before I get a swelled head, I'm gonna go and try to get my dog on some huns....oh yeah and probably make another stupid phone call to 406-444-4800.

dude, thats a good idea, go get your dogs out................tell them not to piss in your cheerios tomorrow morning, maybe you will have a better day;)

Back