Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

A few wyoming antelope

BuzzH

Had a chance to hunt with a couple buddies of mine as well as my father. Fun time for sure.

My buddy Joe and I have been friends since third grade and we've done a fair bit of hunting together. Joes Dad, Rod, has a pretty tough time hunting these days, he's had parkinsons for several years and its not getting any better...to say the least. The amazing thing to me is that he doesnt bitch and complain about his situation...just toughs it out and is more than willing to try as hard as he can. He made a great shot at 200 yards with his 25/06 on a 14 inch buck.

My buddy Joe and his Dads buck:

IMG_1989.JPG

My Dad didnt have a tag, but came down to lend a hand. My Dad and Rod with Rods buck:

IMG_1990.JPG

The next Day, Joe and I went out and we found this buck. Joe liked the "character" of the horns and decided to shoot him. A nice shot at 300 yards and Joe had his buck:

IMG_3036.JPG

Joe and I with his buck:

IMG_3041.JPG

Heres a close up of the jacked up horn on the one side. I have no idea what happened to it, but I've not seen anything quite like it:

IMG_3044.JPG

The following day I decided to try to fill my additional buck tag in a unit I've never been to. Dad wanted an antelope to take home, so I decided to take the first buck that looked like it would be good for the freezer.

We got to the area and when we turned off the highway onto a two track, I happened to see something laying in the road. It was a gun case and I stopped and got out to pick it up...I was shocked to find not only the case, but a model 70 winchester in a 270 inside the case. I was sure whoever lost it was probably heart-broken as it looked like someones long-time hunting rifle. There was no name, number or anything on the case. We drove back into the unit and continued hunting. We soon found a herd of antelope and I made an unsuccessful stalk. When I got back, Dad said a nearby rancher stopped and asked if we'd seen a rifle in a gray guncase. Apparently, an elderly friend of his had shot a small buck antelope and had "misplaced" his rifle in the excitement. I guess the guy was absolutely bummed that he'd lost his rifle that he'd had for many, many years. I was happy that we found it, and also VERY happy that it was returned to the owner. I'm not sure how honest most people would have been in that situation.

Anyway, an hour or so later, I found this antelope in a very easy and stalkable location and filled my additional Wyoming buck antelope tag:

IMG_3048.JPG

Joe and I with my buck:

IMG_3052.JPG

Finally, my four-legged hunting buddy with my antelope:

IMG_3056.JPG

Great job Buzz. If I loose any hunting equipment in the future, I hope you are the one who finds it. Something like that speaks volumes about a person. I am not surprised by your ethics from what I know of you on the site. Have a great weekend!

Very well done on many accounts, including helping your buddy's dad have a great hunt and returning the rifle... The animals pale in comparison to the rest of the hunt.

Congrats.

Good looking antelope and sounds like a fun hunt.
Way to keep it real with the sweater too ;)

Sounds like another great hunt with friends and family Buzz. My hat is off to you on your morals in returning the gentlemans rifle. Heck I know the feeling of just losing a wallet let along my rifle. I am sure he was very grateful of you and on the karma score board you are ahead of the game! Well done buddy. Looks like you had a bit of all weather hunting also.

Well done Buzz. Sounds and looks like an enjoyable and memorable hunt. Hopfully you guys get to spend many more hunts with your fathers over the years.

Nice Job Buzz. Glad to see Rod out there giving it all he has. I can't wait to give Joe a bad time about his "cool" sunglasses.

BRI,

It was good that Rod got his antelope...real happy about that.

Oh, and nice work on the elk this last week, sounds like you guys really got into them...looked at the pictures last night.

That's awesome right there.......what the heck is that white stuff on the ground? My mind is fried since my thermometer read 107 degrees today!

Copy that, 94 in northern Montana yesterday. Congrats to all hunters and glad you got to share some time with your dad....very cool.

Looks like you guys put the smack down on some great bucks again this year. Time spent with family and friends AND getting some great bucks?!?! You just can't beat that.

Congrats!

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back