9mm

Hard to go wrong with a Glock. They just shoot, and do it well.

Agree with what others have mentioned, plus to throw Kahr into the consideration.

It's all about the ergonomics. Buy what fits.

Agree with what others have mentioned, plus to throw Kahr into the consideration.

It's all about the ergonomics. Buy what fits.

Kahrs are very good pistols. They do, however, require 1-200 rounds to break in befofe they are completely reliable. My .40 had a lot of jams in the first 100 rounds, almost none after that.

Glock 19 if you're going to carry.

CX4 if it's going to stay at home.

20150524_095246_zpsu9vxnval.jpg

I just love it when someone asks a question and explicitly stipulates that they Do Not want to spend more than $XXX, or that they Do Not want a review of some other product...... and then get 50 replies that are totally, mind numbingly off in outer space from what was asked.

Do people actually Read the original post?

I just love it when someone asks a question and explicitly stipulates that they Do Not want to spend more than $XXX, or that they Do Not want a review of some other product...... and then get 50 replies that are totally, mind numbingly off in outer space from what was asked.

You fall off the wrong side of the bed or what? He never said he was only willing to spend XXXX dollars, and most of the handguns mentioned can be bought for under five bills.

Did you read the original post?

If you're just looking for home defense don't overlook a used Ruger P85 or P95. 15 round mag capacity, good solid weapon, American made and can be found for 300 or less.

Last edited:

Did you?

" I am not a gun expert and see several on sale for $300 - $500 "

Police trade in Glocks w/ night sights can be had for under $400. Seems to fit the OP's price point, no?

I paid $400 for my M&P, $350 for my P250.

And Harley, is there really any other flavor of revolver? I think not.

I won't tell you what to get, but I'll tell you I carry a Rock Island Armory 1911 in 9mm. I also carry a Springfield 1911 .45 fullsize, but that is a little cumbersome. I have a Springfield XD in .45 also, but that double stack makes for being uncomfortable IWB(to me).

Remember too, the gun does you no good sitting on the nightstand when you go to answer the door.

Get a real gun, get a 1911. I don't care for polymer.

LOL. :D I shot a Sig Sauer for many years, great functioning gun and very well made. I loved making fun of "Tupperware guns".

I've shot a Glock for seven years now. Even though I still like to make fun of them, in terms of accuracy and reliability, they hold their own with any gun.

I've seen more malfunctions on the line with 1911s than I EVER have Glocks. That's no knock on the 1911, they are a great gun. But if you want a lunchpail, get-it-done pistol, a Glock is right at the top of the heap.:cool:

Edit: I couldn't tell you how many thousands of rounds I've put through a Glock. The only time I had one consistently malfunction was when the magazine springs were shot. New springs, no problems.

Okay, so I am wanting to buy a decent but not expensive 9mm pistol. I have over 10 boxes of shells that were given to me.

I was sitting here today thinking about your logic for getting the 9mm and it makes a lot of sense. If you have the ammo, you might as well get the gun or it will just go to waste.

That said, if anyone has 10 boxes of 7mm-08 or 6.5X55 cartridges laying around, I'll gladly trade you my wife's two cats for them. I'm having trouble convincing her I need a new gun, but how can she argue if I already have the ammo?

if anyone has 10 boxes of 7mm-08 or 6.5X55 cartridges laying around, I'll gladly trade you my wife's two cats for them

..chicken gizzards are much cheaper trot line bait.

I have shot both the 45 and 9 in the army.
But when you tell the mother of my children it is silly to have all this ammo and not a gun to shoot it, and she agrees. Then who am I to argue with her? She is a wise woman... :hump:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back