Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

6th times a charm?

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38069

Beware, this is a long story!

In 2014, I was "deployed" to Al Udeid AB. Those who've been there, understand the quotations. Anyways, at the tail end of the trip I started having migraines and I would temporarily black out. Once stateside, a CT scan revealed a brain tumor, benign.
tumor.jpg
After five surgeries, twenty hours in surgery, and nearly a month in the hospital, it was gone! Barrow Neurological Institute is where I went to down in Phoenix Arizona. They had to place a ventricular-peritoneal shunt to help manage CSF pressures. Other than that, I had a clean bill of health!
IMG950300.jpg
In 2015, I tore up the outdoors and that fall, I shot my biggest buck yet.

Unfortunately, the Air Force moved me from the asset column to the liaibility column and I was medically retired in 2016. My wife and I, moved back home to Minnesota. I used my GI Bill and started my undergrad. We bought our first home. Things were going great!

In January of 2018, after a night of ice fishing I suddenly couldn't move my left side and had stroke like symptoms. An MRI confirmed a hemorrhage in my right mid brain. The Mayo called it a cavernous malformation. A cluster of capillaries that slowly ooze blood. It is located in my brainstem and deemed inoperable. For the past two years, the bleeding increased and decreased along with my symptoms.

Finally, my wife had enough of my suffering and sent my information down to Barrow Neurological institute for a second opinion. They responded within 36 hours and said they can get it out! We flew down for a consultation and they confirmed again that they could get it out. We scheduled surgery for December 10th and the best part is the VA is playing ball and going to cover the surgery!!

I hate attention and never thought I would share this story but I wanted to thank all of you. For the past two years, I have lived vicariously through the daily posts and pictures. From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL! You've kept my spirit alive.

God willing, I will be posting some hunting pictures next fall! Two weeks until surgery and I can't wait to get it over with!!

Last edited by a moderator:
You’ve dealt with and beat your health issues once....you “will” do it again! I’m looking forward to hearing about your complete recovery and seeing photos and reading about your hunting successes!

Good Luck, our Thoughts and Prayers are with you! 👍 memtb

Thanks for all the comments!

Glad to hear ! Thanks for your service , if you need any help bagging an antelope on public pm me . Sounds like you could use a break.
I would love to hunt them but I'm fighting point creep!

You’ve dealt with and beat your health issues once....you “will” do it again! I’m looking forward to hearing about your complete recovery and seeing photos and reading about your hunting successes!

Good Luck, our Thoughts and Prayers are with you! 👍 memtb
Thanks for the prayers!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back