5 things on your bucket list

I’m gonna cheat and do a general life bucket list and then a outdoor/hunting bucket list.

1. Watch my daughter grow up into hopefully a healthy and wise young woman.
2. Build me and my wife’s dream home.
3. Become debt free.
4. Become my own boss.
5. Own a 1934 five window coup that’s been chopped and rodded; or a 69 Cheville.

1. Go back to CO and kill a bull elk.
2. Hunt Wyoming Antelope.
3. Catch Tiger trout.
4. Kill a nice mule deer buck.
5. Build a bushcraft “fort/shelter” and spend a good amount of time; days or weeks.
Chevelle..Definitely the chevelle.

1. Take my middle daughter and my son on “right of passage” trips like I was able to do with my oldest daughter last fall; we went to WY antelope hunting
2. Semi-retire by 50 and get out of the rat race… then start my own business or get into a totally new, but as-of-yet-undetermined line of work
3. Kill a moose and/or caribou in Newfoundland
4. See the northern lights
5. Kill an antelope and/or a mule deer

1. Fly a Barbary falcon. I’m in the wrong climate, they don’t do well in the cold.
2. Own the Magic: The Gathering card Wheel of Fortune. It’s only a few hundred dollars that I could easily afford, it’s just difficult working up the gumption to spend that much on a single piece of cardboard.

I’ll try to think of more later…

1. Get a couple riding mules and wear out every wilderness trail in Wyoming.
2. Get an unlimited montana ram before expiring.
3. Travel somewhere outside of North America.
4. Raise a few more labradors.
5. Do an epic wilderness float trip somewhere like the northern Yukon.
5.1 Go to a NASCAR race
You ever come down here to where I live and we can make 5 happen. Most of the NASCAR teams and the Charlotte track are located with 30 minutes to an hour of my house.

1. See my kids grow up to be thoughtful, responsible, kind, and productive members of society
2. Remain married and in love with my wife of 17 years
3. Successfully pull off our plans for this year—sell our house, move across the state to a place we truly love where our new house is currently being built, and get new jobs
4. Become a more engaged and effective conservationist
5. Kill a truly big mule deer. I don’t care about a particular score, I’ll know him when I see him.

Just realized these are more just goals than true bucket list items. Whatever.

Last edited:
No1. Have bow hunter join me in a new Zealand hunt in may
No 2. Both end up otc colorado and get nice bulls each.
No3. Get a good bull tahr with my new takedown recurve.
No4. Get back and have some success in Hawaii, score to settle there.
No5. Namibia next year with the recurve.

Sneak in 1 more, Kazakhstan for maral, ibex and a big roe deer.

1. Live to watch my daughter become a good person
2. Continue knocking off northern Canadian/Arctic long distance river trips, next up are the Thelon and the Seal
3. Hunt alpine mule deer til I die
4. Become more seriously involved in a conservation organization
5. Some sort of wilderness float hunt, somewhere, not sure for what or where yet. A la Jim Baichtal's AK bison hunt.

Wow some of the bucket list items are pretty exotic to me and many of them I already did without actually realizing that they would be very special to others. I'm a very lucky guy through no planning of my own!
My list in no particular order.
1. Pet a dolphin
2. See the Northern lights. I get to AK most every year but at the wrong time.
3. I would like my 1970 396 4 speed SS Chevelle back.
4. A 8-12 passenger jet with a great pilot on standby in case I want to go somewhere.
5. I want to win the bazillion dollar lottery to give $$ to my buddies that aren't as fortunate.

I think about @Addicting #1 almost daily. I consider myself a good husband and father. I work hard for my family and hard on having a good relationship with them. I truly hope they both someone that gives them what my wife and I have.

1. That both my daughters find good spouses that make them happy;
2. Maintain a healthy relationship with my kids as they grow older (ie doing the opposite of what my father does);
3. Keep growing old with my sexay wife;
4. Hunt until the day I die; and
5. Have more dogs because unfortunately they don't last foerever.

I also have a less depressing list for "hunting dreams". They pretty much realistic goals I can achieve. The list keeps changing as I tick things off of it.

In no particular order:
Grand Ole Opry
Alaska-Denali and halibut fishing
Guided wilderness archery elk hunt. Montana preferably-10 days in a tent
Learn to play the fiddle-kids bought me one a year ago but shoulder is screwed up and cant do it yet
Retire with enough health to take my grandkids on adventures and maybe get into trouble once in awhile

Having had Cancer a few years ago, I’ve thought a lot about this lately.

1) See my son (17 now) get married to a woman as wonderful as his mom.

2) have grandkids

3) fish the Shimada Seamount (“Hurricane Bank”) and maybe Clarion Island. - I have this planned for April ‘24

….that’s it. I’m good with that.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back