Yeti GOBOX Collection

5 things on your bucket list

German food is probably one of the most under rated cuisines if you ask me. French and Italian are good and all, but have you ever had a proper jagerschnitzl??? So effing good.
So it may sound sacrilegious but we make it at home with elk tenderloin and a traditional heavy sautéd mushroom gravy. It has become our favorite meal after a successful hunt.

So it may sound sacrilegious but we make it at home with elk tenderloin and a traditional heavy sautéd mushroom gravy. It has become our favorite meal after a successful hunt.
Here’s a second for Hank Shaw’s recipe. And not sacrilegious at all, I believe traditionally it was made with venison.

Made it this year around Christmas with elk heart, and ya I need more hearts in the freezer so I can make that more.

Sounds like I'm on the internet hunt for this recipe. Sounds really good the way @Addicting shared.
0049611C-BC81-4FF2-887C-8E3BD9C0C856.jpeg
Sauté mushrooms in garlic and butter first and then make this gravy in the same cast iron pan. Mix mushrooms back in and enjoy. The meat I take pound out and season with salt, pepper, garlic, & onion powder. Then flour, egg wash, breadcrumb, then fry.

There are two varieties of Jaegar Schnitzel. One with the cream sauce and the other made with wine. I have never tried the cream style, but the other is one of my all-time favorite meals ever.

We have a German restaurant here but unfortunately, I don't think any of the cooks have ever been to Germany.

I’d like to, in no particular order

Have a reasonable chance to kill a bull elk

Make a tour of America. Fall foliage in the blue mountains, spring blue bells in Texas again, dogwoods and redbuds intertwined in the river bottoms, snow caps on the cascades etc

I’d like to live close enough to really know my adult children, and grandchildren.

I’d like to visit New Zealand. Maybe ski, maybe hunt. Maybe just take it all in.

I hope I pass away with all my faculties intact. Both physical (within age related reason) and mental.

Nice menu but they lost me with the Hawaiian Schnitzel! YIKES! I could eat there.
On another note it would be a cruise for you but Cafe 20 in Marengo has oktoberfest for a week it is supposed to be excellent probably 1.5 hour drive for you at least though.

This is a good one!

1. Go fishing in Alaska with my dad. We have an annual trip to Northern Manitoba every summer, but not sure how many more of those we have left
2. Become a consistently successful elk hunter
3. Get my daughter out on an elk hunt
4. Belated honeymoon for a month+ in Australia and New Zealand with the wife
5. Be the best step dad to my daughter that the world has ever seen

1: Take my dad back to Fairbanks, AK to see it now since he was stationed there in the Army when he got back from Viet Nam

2: Move back East to be with my family and help them through their health issues

3: Try and put off knee and shoulder surgery

4: Lose another 50 pounds

5: Shoot a bull elk before I move back East

Great thread, Tony!!
This is great John, especially #1. I visited Vietnam a few years ago and my dad sent me to all the places he was stationed there and had me take pics of what it looked like now. It made his year. I hope you get to actually get to Fairbanks with your pops next to ya

Don’t really have a bucket list per se, but some semi-accomplishable adventures I’d like to take are spending some time in Alaska (maybe hunting moose), surfing some point breaks south of the equator (maybe Peru or NZ), and do Cairo to Capetown on a motorcycle (or at least some kind of long distance motorcycling around Africa).

1. Idaho Moose tag
2. Arizona elk tag
3. Have some great hunting and fishing trips with my kid and hope he loves the outdoors as much as I do
4. Retire when my employer says I can at 52
5. Eventually live more rurally and have some average and privacy

1. Get my house and 10 acres paid off looks hopeless rn at this stage of life honestly.
2. Shoot a big tom lion, so far it's evading me.
3. Be a blessing in this world.
4. Work hard and have something to show for it honestly.
5. Hunt as much as possible for whatever I can afford. Hopefully go to Wyoming on a mule deer hunt in a few years...

I’m gonna cheat and do a general life bucket list and then a outdoor/hunting bucket list.

1. Watch my daughter grow up into hopefully a healthy and wise young woman.
2. Build me and my wife’s dream home.
3. Become debt free.
4. Become my own boss.
5. Own a 1934 five window coup that’s been chopped and rodded; or a 69 Cheville.

1. Go back to CO and kill a bull elk.
2. Hunt Wyoming Antelope.
3. Catch Tiger trout.
4. Kill a nice mule deer buck.
5. Build a bushcraft “fort/shelter” and spend a good amount of time; days or weeks.

I’m gonna cheat and do a general life bucket list and then a outdoor/hunting bucket list.

1. Watch my daughter grow up into hopefully a healthy and wise young woman.
2. Build me and my wife’s dream home.
3. Become debt free.
4. Become my own boss.
5. Own a 1934 five window coup that’s been chopped and rodded; or a 69 Cheville.

1. Go back to CO and kill a bull elk.
2. Hunt Wyoming Antelope.
3. Catch Tiger trout.
4. Kill a nice mule deer buck.
5. Build a bushcraft “fort/shelter” and spend a good amount of time; days or weeks.
Mine was to catch a tiger last year. Did it.20221106_110302.jpg

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back