Not on Your Bucket List

I agree with you on the giraffe. I used to agree with you on the Zebra until I observed them in South Africa in the wild. Those things are a$$holes to one another and wild as hell. I changed my mind right then and there. I never shot one that trip due to the budget, but I would if given the opportunity in the future.
Agree I am out on the giraffe but a Zebra is a really challenging animal to hunt. I went to Africa once and the last thing my daughters said as I left was "dont shoot a zebra." 😂 They are both horse loving barrell racers. One of our party wanted a zebra and I was pretty shocked how difficult they were. When I had never been to Africa I was convinced I had zero desire to hunt a giraffe, zebra or an elephant. I changed my mind on the zebra and the elephant. My PH had lots of elephant hunt stories and I dont think I had anywhere close to an idea what these hunts are truly like. Anyways, I learned not to think I would never do a hunt that I really dont know about. What I thought and reality were quite different. I was right on giraffes though they seem pretty defensless ha ha. I am most likely not going back to Africa so I probably wont ever hunt elephant or zebra but I cant say I have no desire to do so.

0 Interest in Africa, simply don't know the animals, so don't interest me.

Bears, never felt the desire. Same for cats

Bobcats. I see them all the time while hunting, and they even come into my yard from time to time. Just no desire to pull the rigger on one…

I don’t really desire to shoot a zebra, but if a season was opened on feral horses in the western us, I would feel compelled to shoot 1 or more for conservation reasons.

Coatimundi and American crocodile. Haven’t yet seen the latter and was blessed to see a coati once out in AZ.

Africa
Grizzly / Brown Bears / Polar bears
Otters
Cranes
Coots
Prairie Dogs
Foxes
Opossums
Hi-Fenced
Primates
Bobcat
Whales
Big cats (other than mountain lion)
Porcupine

My desire to kill more ducks is also flickering, and haven’t shot one in a bunch of years.

For some reason I have never had any desire to hunt Africa. I'd love to see elephants and the big cats but no desire to hunt them.

Gotta say it surprises me how many people have sheep on their " not bucket list " it's like right at the top for most anyone I know myself included.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back