MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

5 things on your bucket list

Bucket List that holds no order:

• Settle (Retire) Primary house along inner coastal or a large bodied lake - Examples: San Juan Islands, Lake Champlain and purchase a beachfront vacation rental somewhere to alleviate, as desired, our winter doldrums.
  • Hunt AK/Yukon Moose. About the only animal I have a deep rooted desire to fulfill.
  • Use the intent to catch fish and scuba for travel to tropical vacation destinations - Pure R&R.
  • A month+ tour of European countries by car. Stop where we'd like and go when we please. Visit friends, tour vineyards, walk the cobblestone paths, and play in the Alps.
  • Peacefully pass away anytime viewing stars through pines or palms.

My life's been grand
I been a hand at livin' it up all the way
I've had good times and bad times and hard times and done time
But life's been a blessing every day

My life's been grand
You know I'd write home and tell 'em
But they wouldn't believe how good my luck's been
And if it ended today I've been all the way
My life's been grand
My life's been grand.

I’ve been blessed beyond what I probably deserve. I get live in a place that I love. I have a good wife and kids that aren’t assholes. If all of that stays the same, I will die a happy man.

There are some hunts that I would love to go on. Bighorn sheep, moose, mountain goat, and caribou top my list.

A month+ tour of European countries by car. Stop where we'd like and go when we please. Visit friends, tour vineyards, walk the cobblestone paths, and play in the Alps.
I go back and forth on this one, I'd like to see where my lineage comes from (to my knowledge I'm all German wife is a European mut). Then I sit here and think who gives a shit obviously it wasn't that great they left it to come here I should spend that time/money exploring the USA. That German food and beer though...

I go back and forth on this one, I'd like to see where my lineage comes from (to my knowledge I'm all German wife is a European mut). Then I sit here and think who gives a shit obviously it wasn't that great they left it to come here I should spend that time/money exploring the USA. That German food and beer though...
Same!

Been giving this a lot of thought. It's a very tough question to answer. I've already lived my bucket list. I have a couple of huge elk on the wall (356 and 348) shot decades ago. Half a dozen moose but nothing enormous. That's enough. I lived in Alaska one summer and fished every day ... and night. Returned three years ago and might be back again this summer. I once owned livestock and packed for the Forest Service in Montana and California. Still have all the tack and would love to put it back to work but only so much time left in this life. I was a park ranger at units all over the US, retiring in 2010 after losing my wife and son. My first posting was at Olympic Park where I lived on my cabin cruiser and fished for salmon almost every day. One morning at the end of my second season I took a tiny little gal from Vancouver Island out for silvers. Three months later we were married. I have been blessed with a succession of seven fantastic hunting dogs from 1965 to present. Somehow during all that and raising two kids I managed to complete three degrees. And finally, I have hunted Africa ... three times.

So what more could I ask for? Indeed, asking the Maker for more would seem greedy. I have given serious thought to an Ibex hunt in one of the "stans" but recent events in that neck of the woods are a bit unsettling. Especially since I would be traveling with a US passport. I might take my grandson to Africa for one last hunt. That would be an adventure he wouldn't forget. Ever. My bucket wish is for my great great grandkids to know and appreciate what I've accomplished. If I can live my bucket list, so can they. They have my blood.

Sorry, Tony....I couldn't leave it at 5

6: Be buried at Arlington

7: Get on good standings with a few friends that our relationships have gone wonky

8: Get laid while I can still enjoy it

9: Go deep sea fishing

10: Watch my youngest get a football scholarship
Hmmm. So ... you've got a couple of kids but never had sex? 🤔 Forget it. I don't want to know.

The other thread @Gunner46 started had my family talking and it turned into bucket list items.

Here we go.

1. Watch both my kids marry someone with the same type of love I have with my spouse.

2. Be physically able to enjoy grandchildren.

3. Family trip to Fiji.

4 . Complete Alaska experience, moose, fishing, Denali, gold prospecting.

5. Tour Europe with my wife and see the places she grew up.
The farther you get from Nadi the better vacation you’ll have. I will suggest you look into the island of Taveuni when you go on your family trip to Fiji. The Fijian people are wonderful. The Saturday market in Suva is greatFE0B7C26-5154-4409-8EA3-D3E4AEAD2589.jpegB4D6A8C9-148F-4C31-870B-0DFEF4347803.jpeg

1. Retire at 55 and move to Mt. (in 1yr/8mths)
2. Volunteer work for conservation projects/initiatives
3. Alaska moose hunt
4. Tag along with @theat on one of his epic Alaskan float trips
5. Spend every remaining September possible in my life chasing elk

Not one of these items were on my bucket list 20yrs ago.

German food is probably one of the most under rated cuisines if you ask me. French and Italian are good and all, but have you ever had a proper jagerschnitzl??? So effing good.
I couldnt agree more.. there is a German restaraunt in the Chicago suburbs I've been wanting to go to with the wife for years. They have deep fried pork/sauerkraut balls .....dear God! Landjaegers, need I say more?

I couldnt agree more.. there is a German restaraunt in the Chicago suburbs I've been wanting to go to with the wife for years. They have deep fried pork/sauerkraut balls .....dear God! Landjaegers, need I say more?
Which one?

No german food around here. There was a great one in Shell Beach,CA. Old Vienna. Like grandmas.

Drove by there everyday for an entire work season...that was 4 years ago we still haven't gone something always comes up.

Drove by there everyday for an entire work season...that was 4 years ago we still haven't gone something always comes up.
Nice menu but they lost me with the Hawaiian Schnitzel! YIKES! I could eat there.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back