MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

This type of thinking is fairly common left of center.
Yup - it goes hand in hand with worrying a lot that a criminal in the act of committing a violent crime gets shot - sorry but but once a person starts committing a violent felony my concern for the criminal’s safety goes way down. I fully support the castle doctrine. While in MN there is a castle doctrine, my understanding is that the home owner still has the burden to prove there was no other alternative. Seems like the benefit of the doubt should go to the home owner not the criminal. Just to be clear - I don’t support chasing down a criminal or otherwise shooting someone who is no longer a threat.

I dont think people shouldn't defend themselves.

I absolutely think every human has a right to meet a threat to their life with deadly force.

I think untrained people with guns in a high stress situation are a crap shoot and just as, if not more likely to add to the danger than increase anyone's safety.

I very rarely hear people tell others you should get training and then get a gun and a concealed carry permit.

I hear carry, carry, carry, carry.

Also, people have no real idea how they will react in high stress situations until they are in one, especially ones they haven't trained for. Its kinda funny because some people lose their shit and others get their shit together like you wouldn't believe and its not always who you would think.

Shit like this happens..

I, and the vast majority of people I know have lived their whole lives without needing a gun to protect themselves not including any time spent in law enforcement or the military.

So, absolutely. Get trained. Carry a gun if you feel you need it. Shoot to kill if you're faced with a deadly threat.

I just have seen way too many people act stupidly with guns, speak stupidly, suggest "getting a gun and a ccw" will solve all problems with no mention of training that I have little trust in the random stranger to do the right thing.

According to my limited research that is incorrect. It looks like open carry is legal with no permit. In a vehicle, you can conceal it without a permit. To conceal in public requires a concealed carry permit. And oddly, as long as the weapon is not loaded, you can conceal carry without a permit.
Screenshot_20220325-111810_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Wyoming is open or concealed carry and requires no permit for residents. We are kinda used to seeing people open carry and have seen no issues or conflicts. I personally have no issue with people carrying weapons and it don't make me uncomfortable at all.

I just have seen way too many people act stupidly with guns, speak stupidly, suggest "getting a gun and a ccw" will solve all problems with no mention of training that I have little trust in the random stranger to do the right thing.

I totally support getting trained etc. if you’re even going to purchase a firearm to keep your home, let alone carry, HOWEVER, I trust a random armed stranger with good intent more than any armed criminal with evil intent.

Below are two pictures. One from the article you posted, and one from the first article I clicked on in a search on self defense stats. The highlighted numbers show that law abiding citizens are better off armed.

Attachments

• 433B0E0C-93E6-4D93-B52D-705325F38F5F.jpeg
    433B0E0C-93E6-4D93-B52D-705325F38F5F.jpeg
    263.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 04F60112-5854-4CBC-A729-61ED61570EEC.jpeg
    04F60112-5854-4CBC-A729-61ED61570EEC.jpeg
    226.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I totally support getting trained etc. if you’re even going to purchase a firearm to keep your home, let alone carry, HOWEVER, I trust a random armed stranger with good intent more than any armed criminal with evil intent.
The problem with that logic is that most armed criminals do not want to shoot anyone. Armed random stranger doesn't read the room correctly and tries to be hero and innocent people end up dying over the 137 bucks in the cash register at the in and out.

The problem with that logic is that most armed criminals do not want to shoot anyone. Armed random stranger doesn't read the room correctly and tries to be hero and innocent people end up dying over the 137 bucks in the cash register at the in and out.
If they’re armed, I’m treating them as if they want to kill. The problem with your logic is that A) you presume to know what an armed criminal wants, and B) you’re not addressing what he may decide to do even if no one pulls a gun on him. I don’t care what an armed criminal wants, or an unarmed violent criminal for that matter.

Real numbers. Some from the article you posted. Others from the first article I clicked on in a search for stats. Prove them wrong.

Attachments

• 8B6D3CFC-B1C3-41F8-AE6F-C675360700E2.jpeg
    8B6D3CFC-B1C3-41F8-AE6F-C675360700E2.jpeg
    226.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 47B43CE2-AA9A-458B-9C65-711CCDA57751.jpeg
    47B43CE2-AA9A-458B-9C65-711CCDA57751.jpeg
    263.4 KB · Views: 7
Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members