Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

It’s fashionable to open carry in N Idaho while channeling your inner John Wicks. Even if you don’t have enough mags to fill your rig. BTW this is a real pic from CDA.
Hey Tony,

The gent was posing for Puckett for his 2021 calendar. Another lovely Jones moment at it's finest.

Shangobango - I do not doubt that you are a good guy and that you mean no harm, but the narrative you share in this post does more harm than good to the broader population.

We will have to agree to disagree.

With all due respect, I guess I don't get it and never will. Virtue signaling and feigned offense serves no real purpose for anyone except to make the signaler feel better about themselves. Pretty sickening in my view. That is the harmful path in my opinion.

If someone wants to make a difference in these marginalized folks lives, get out there with them, get to know them, and figure out the real issues that they face and try to do something about it.

Non-disparaging jokes about lesbians being able to buy bread are not high on their list of challenges. I can guarantee that.

Open carry aside, this premise grates on me. Laws should not be seen as clear boundaries of good/bad behavior and if it is legal therefore it is wise or desirable or positive - they should be the point that one's behavior is so egregious that we will use the police power of the state to take your liberty. Legal or not is a question for cops and judges. Good/bad, appropriate/inappropriate, wise/unwise, helpful/hurtful are absolutely the purview of fellow citizens.

I can see your point.

I think though that if we were talking about other things that are legal that folks do in public and the same sort of derision were displayed toward those things, the people displaying that derision would be rode out of town on a rail.

With all due respect, I guess I don't get it and never will. Virtue signaling and feigned offense serves no real purpose for anyone except to make the signaler feel better about themselves. Pretty sickening in my view. That is the harmful path in my opinion.

If someone wants to make a difference in these marginalized folks lives, get out there with them, get to know them, and figure out the real issues that they face and try to do something about it.

Non-disparaging jokes about lesbians being able to buy bread are not high on their list of challenges. I can guarantee that.

Raising sincere concerns should not be summarily dismissed as virtue signaling. That merely lets the insensitive off the hook without any real thought or consideration of the feedback. And that in my view is sickening.

And you have no basis to suggest I don’t know any marginalized folks, don’t listen to them and don’t try to assist where I can. This is completely made up hooey that has no relevance to our discussion other than as another lazy attempt to give yourself a free pass.

As for what lesbians think, I did ask a group I am close to a few hours ago. One said it was funny to her but not likely to others, two said it was clueless but they weren’t going to lose sleep over it, and two said they wished folks would speak up when that crap gets floated out there.

So, as it should be, there is a difference of opinion. I cannot speak for all lesbians and neither can you. But when it comes to being kind, I tend to listen to those with concern.

I can see your point.

I think though that if we were talking about other things that are legal that folks do in public and the same sort of derision were displayed toward those things, the people displaying that derision would be rode out of town on a rail.
Probably varies greatly by what the action was and were did it occur. Burning a flag in small Texas town may be reacted to very differently than burning one in downtown Seattle.

And you have no basis to suggest I don’t know any marginalized folks, don’t listen to them and don’t try to assist where I can. This is completely made up hooey that has no relevance to our discussion other than as another lazy attempt to give yourself a free pass.

I am sorry if you misunderstood, I did not mean to imply that about you specifically. I guess I did a poor job of conveying my meaning.

I am sorry if you misunderstood, I did not mean to imply that about you specifically. I guess I did a poor job of conveying my meaning.
Thanks for the clarification - Internet forums are sub optimal for difficult discussions.

And I would agree in general, some folks in my area definitely have run to this issue with all the sincerity and enthusiasm they do for any other trendy topic at book club. It is disappointing.

So, as it should be, there is a difference of opinion. I cannot speak for all lesbians and neither can you. But when it comes to being kind, I tend to listen to those with concern.

A true and respectable statement.

I have no inkling that I can speak for all lesbians or anyone else for that matter. People have different views and opinions no matter their sexual orientation or race or whatever.

They are people after all. There is a gay couple that lives down the road that would shriek at the site of a firearm, my bestie and her close pals are all shooters and hunters. They do not fit into a box.

Hey Tony,

The gent was posing for Puckett for his 2021 calendar. Another lovely Jones moment at it's finest.

Not sure on the back and forth comments. But the photographer posted the pic to their FB in June 2020 along with a bunch of other pics of tactical chads and meal team six members in downtown CDA protecting us fine citizens from Antifa. And then the photographer made a 2021 calendar of the "event" after he took that picture.

Edited after research. Unless I read something incorrect, concealed carry requires a license in NM, but open carry does not.
Sorry , I was unclear. You can conceal carry but need a lic. to do so.
No lic. needed to open carry...any moron can here.

Archer Phrasing GIFs | Tenor
You awarded me points for bringing Tool into the thread...

Archer for the win! I know what I am binging tonight...

Edited after research. Unless I read something incorrect, concealed carry requires a license in NM, but open carry does not.
I believe in many open carry areas your fine, outside, without the permit though the minute you climb into your truck you will need the concealed permit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back