Agreed, it was completely over your head. Pointing out the idiocy of something does not equate to being offended by it. If I couldn't understand that I'd probably just post a stupid meme too.
Yup - I know exactly where you are coming from.

Standard internet fare.

Bob says something obnoxious

Tim objects to Bob’s post

Bob objects to Tim’s post and adds a baseless self-serving statement that Tim is too sensitive and calls Tim a name for good measure.

Tim points out to Bob he also objected to a harmless internet post of another, so who is sensitive?

Not hard to understand the cycle, but bullies don’t like the clarity of the explanation, so thought a meme might be a nicer way of pointing it out.

I’m not offended you are offended. I just think it’s pathetic and you need to lighten up.
If I made obnoxious and stereotypical posts about hunters do you think this forum would “lighten up”. Or would it call bullshit on my remarks? My experience suggests the later - which is the right outcome.

And why does a person pointing out that some take offense to negative and persistent stereotypes pathetic? And why is the answer that the person being made fun of has to lighten up. How about folks lighten up on the unnecessary stereotypes. Seems like a better answer.

If I made obnoxious and stereotypical posts about hunters do you think this forum would “lighten up”. Or would it call bullshit on my remarks? My experience suggests the later - which is the right outcome.

And why does a person pointing out that some take offense to negative and persistent stereotypes pathetic? And why is the answer that the person being made fun of has to lighten up. How about folks lighten up on the unnecessary stereotypes. Seems like a better answer.
If it was funny, but coming from you I doubt it would be, I would certainly laugh.

This is completely made up hooey that has no relevance to our discussion other than as another lazy attempt to give yourself a free pass.
VG, can you elaborate on this? Specifically, how am
I trying to give myself a free pass?

I was so fixated on the fact that you thought I was talking about you that this didn’t register.

Please shoot me a PM. I think any chance of productive conversation on this thread is a stretch at this point. :LOL:

I have no beef with you but don’t bring bullshit to a hunting forum. Go sell crazy somewhere else, we are all stocked up here.

In ti
Smart choice carrying concealed. Then if you should get into a bad situation the bad guy doesn't know who to shoot first so may very well simply leave without shooting anyone!
In time I would hope it came to that but there's probably always be the crazy around that simply doesn't care or is lit up on drugs. If enough people actually carried concealed aand it was well known it would probably stop some but i suspect the majority of people that would need stopped would actually have mental problems. I just wonder if people with CC license's simply avoided places they would maybe need them, would the crime go up in those places? I do that. With what has started in cities these past few years, I simply avoid going into them. So do I really need to carry concealed? In all likelihood no. Those areas where the need is heaviest are not areas I visit, rather I avoid them. If I should run into the rare situation out of those areas. My first attempt would be to leave the area quietly. I really would just as well avoid the shoot out as get into it. I have little idea who would win that fight and won't know till it was over. I did pull a gun on a guy bone time but he came on my place that threatened me. He stopped when my gun came out and did exit the property. He was killed by police about a year later. Felon and drug used. Shooting hi would have been a public service but I'd have probably ended up in jail. Some times I day dream about actually doing good for someone else but I think it would be someone else that refuses to protect themselves and i fear the one going to jail would be me and the one going home would be the guy I saved. The idea of self protection needs aa bunch of improvement so you can actually have the right to protect yourself. You shoot the criminal and you become the criminal till you can convince the law of the real criminals actual intent. If I was driving down the road and found a cop in trouble I would stop. I know going in he's going to try to protect himself and he makes a pretty good witness I was in the right. yet today we are seeing cops getting in trouble for reacting to criminals that flip the law the finger. I will continue to carry as I believe I do have a right to protect myself but just as I would consider where I was going I would also look for a way out without shooting anyone before i started banging away. And I do not carry to save some poor soul that refuse's to carry because he doesn't like gun's. I think there is a lot of downside's to concealed carry and there is a lot of crime in the country but the vast majority of us will never find ourselves in need of shooting our way out of anything but, the possibility does actually exist and it does exist in a lot of places other than high crime areas, that is why I carry! I have a friend that was living in a very low crime area and was attacked by three other people and a fourth with them shot another friend there with her. I had got her a concealed gun and was going to pay for her license and she never got the license. You cannot force someone to carry that doesn't want to. But if everyone carried, criminals other than mentally ill ones would think twice before doing what they do. Right now simply enough citizens don't carry to bother them much to the shooting's go on. The most dangerous places in the country have the strictest gun laws and highest crime rates! I'm pretty sure everyone or most everyone here is probably aware if this.

Or, some guy carrying open is in the bathroom. While he's shaking it off tweaker walks in, starts demanding cash from the cashier, guy walks out of the bathroom, tweaker sees open carry, freaks out, kills everyone.

Or, how about guy concealed carry back by the coolers. Tweaker not wanting to shoot anyone demands cash from cashier. Concealed carry guy wants to be a hero. Pulls gun. Shoots at robber, misses. Tweaker freaks. Shoots everyone.

Or concealed carry guy shoots at robber bullet goes through window hits toddler in car seat where mom is pumping gas.

Most people robbing stores don't want to shoot anyone and I dont like putting my life in just anyone's hands...
Wow...

So, if someone is committing a violent crime no one should intervene because something might potentially go wrong? You don't trust the guy trying to save a life more than the criminal?

I've got one for you, since we're making up hypothetical stories - What if the perp takes the money and kills them all anyway?

BTW, have you posted anything besides anti-gun garbage on this forum?

I believe in many open carry areas your fine, outside, without the permit though the minute you climb into your truck you will need the concealed permit.
According to my limited research that is incorrect. It looks like open carry is legal with no permit. In a vehicle, you can conceal it without a permit. To conceal in public requires a concealed carry permit. And oddly, as long as the weapon is not loaded, you can conceal carry without a permit.

Wow...

So, if someone is committing a violent crime no one should intervene because something might potentially go wrong? You don't trust the guy trying to save a life more than the criminal?

I've got one for you, since we're making up hypothetical stories - What if the perp takes the money and kills them all anyway?

BTW, have you posted anything besides anti-gun garbage on this forum?
This type of thinking is fairly common left of center.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back