And you get decide what is appropriate despite the law?
Open carry aside, this premise grates on me. Laws should not be seen as clear boundaries of good/bad behavior and if it is legal therefore it is wise or desirable or positive - they should be the point that one's behavior is so egregious that we will use the police power of the state to take your liberty. Legal or not is a question for cops and judges. Good/bad, appropriate/inappropriate, wise/unwise, helpful/hurtful are absolutely the purview of fellow citizens.

Last edited:
I think it might be a turn on seeing women conceal carry in tight clothes. Victoria's not so secret sort of concealed carry line, lol.
OK - I know I will get hate for being a wimpy snowflake or some other namecalling bs used by guys with small penises to feel better about being jerks, but come on - we have some noteworthy female hunters on this forum that could out hunt a lot of the guys here - so, let's leave the boys will be boys garbage for your PMs.

All that said to say, all of my many friends that don't fit into your " straight white male" box, ( I do despise boxes) think that all of us straight white folks and our virtue signaling is pretty darn sad and pathetic.
Shangobango - I do not doubt that you are a good guy and that you mean no harm, but the narrative you share in this post does more harm than good to the broader population. If we are going to be better to one another (better as Christians for those of us that partake) we are going to have to be a bit more thoughtful about how we treat each other. Most would agree the racial/gender jokes of 1930s don't work anymore - maybe we should continue to grow in that understanding as we approach 2023.

Sure there are open and loving folks who share edgy humor with no harm in mind, sure there are underrepresented group members who will laugh at the same, but that misses the instances where a few in the group really do share ill intent for others and this kind of shared humor bolsters their comfort that hating is ok, and in a group of "others" some may laugh but a few may find it painful. I do not like PC and I do not like virtue signaling, but I do believe we can always be a little more aware, a little kinder.

Or, some guy carrying open is in the bathroom. While he's shaking it off tweaker walks in, starts demanding cash from the cashier, guy walks out of the bathroom, tweaker sees open carry, freaks out, kills everyone.

Or, how about guy concealed carry back by the coolers. Tweaker not wanting to shoot anyone demands cash from cashier. Concealed carry guy wants to be a hero. Pulls gun. Shoots at robber, misses. Tweaker freaks. Shoots everyone.

Or concealed carry guy shoots at robber bullet goes through window hits toddler in car seat where mom is pumping gas.

Most people robbing stores don't want to shoot anyone and I dont like putting my life in just anyone's hands...
Which bathroom was he/she shaking it off in?

Or, some guy carrying open is in the bathroom. While he's shaking it off tweaker walks in, starts demanding cash from the cashier, guy walks out of the bathroom, tweaker sees open carry, freaks out, kills everyone.

Or, how about guy concealed carry back by the coolers. Tweaker not wanting to shoot anyone demands cash from cashier. Concealed carry guy wants to be a hero. Pulls gun. Shoots at robber, misses. Tweaker freaks. Shoots everyone.

Or concealed carry guy shoots at robber bullet goes through window hits toddler in car seat where mom is pumping gas.

Most people robbing stores don't want to shoot anyone and I dont like putting my life in just anyone's hands...
I don’t think your imagination fits real life events. There has been open carry and concealed carry, both licensed and unlicensed, in many states for many years and there are very few stories resembling the scenarios you bring up. There are however many many stories of armed criminals harming their intended victims as well as bystanders.

My father is friends with a fellow who stopped a church shooting with his concealed weapon in a church that thankfully allowed members to carry. It took place in the middle of the service. Lots of people around. Two members shot the perpetrator. No one was hit by either of the members except the perpetrator. Lasted six seconds. Law enforcement was, no doubt, more than six seconds away.

Last edited:
How is this thread not locked. And the discussion about electing the commission locked.
I’d say because I haven’t commented enough in this thread yet, but I haven’t commented in the commission thread at all yet.

Since this thread was started I have been actively trying to hunt down someone open carrying, I am failing.

Reactions: DFS
OK - I know I will get hate for being a wimpy snowflake or some other namecalling bs used by guys with small penises to feel better about being jerks, but come on - we have some noteworthy female hunters on this forum that could out hunt a lot of the guys here - so, let's leave the boys will be boys garbage for your PMs.
That's unfortunate that you perceive it that way but there was nothing inappropriate in my post. But you can be offended if you prefer to live that way.

There are discussions on here about receiving a blumkin, no reason to get offended about concealed carry yoga pants. lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DFS
Since this thread was started I have been actively trying to hunt down someone open carrying, I am failing.
Archer Phrasing GIFs | Tenor

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back