Wow, this thread sure went downhill fast...open carry question to yoga pants....to gay...to race...to gun style...to meth....to a gawd awful dressed open carrier... LOL.... Did I miss any?

I would think gun owners would be smart enough to avoid open carry all together. First of all there are people that are afraid of the simple sight of guns, I have no wish to trouble them. Many people do open carry and I believe their intent is nothing more than intimidating those people. it their in your face crap! I carry every day, never open. First off I have no quarrel with people I don't even know and second I carry for protection. Carrying open for protection seems to me to say shoot me first! Why in the world would I want to do that? But mostly I believe the open carry people intend to intimidate people and get in their face! I can not think of one good reason for open carry and the excuse of "just because I can is so worn out it disgusts me".

Kansas has open carry and I hardly see anyone carrying. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen it except once. No one would complain, but it's not expected. Everyone conceals though; it's legal here without a license too.
Smart choice carrying concealed. Then if you should get into a bad situation the bad guy doesn't know who to shoot first so may very well simply leave without shooting anyone!

I do see some locals that carry open around here, but very few. I do not get out much, though. I personally carry concealed. With that said, everyone seems to be of the camp that you are first target if carrying open. I have heard people say (not necessarily my opinion) that carrying open could act as a deterrent, as well...

It's late. Some dirt bag just needing some fast cash for a fix, but not necessarily looking to go down in a blaze of glory, pulls into a gas station. While building the nerve to enter the store, notices some guy through the window wearing a sidearm. Decides he may face some resistance in there and moves on. Maybe even in the back of his mind, he's thinking if that dude was carrying open, how many I can't see are carrying concealed? Maybe decides jacking up a gas station in this neighborhood is not such a great idea. It could happen. 🤷‍♂️

I do see some locals that carry open around here, but very few. I do not get out much, though. I personally carry concealed. With that said, everyone seems to be of the camp that you are first target if carrying open. I have heard people say (not necessarily my opinion) that carrying open could act as a deterrent, as well...

It's late. Some dirt bag just needing some fast cash for a fix, but not necessarily looking to go down in a blaze of glory, pulls into a gas station. While building the nerve to enter the store, notices some guy through the window wearing a sidearm. Decides he may face some resistance in there and moves on. Maybe even in the back of his mind, he's thinking if that dude was carrying open, how many I can't see are carrying concealed? Maybe decides jacking up a gas station in this neighborhood is not such a great idea. It could happen. 🤷‍♂️
Or, some guy carrying open is in the bathroom. While he's shaking it off tweaker walks in, starts demanding cash from the cashier, guy walks out of the bathroom, tweaker sees open carry, freaks out, kills everyone.

Or, how about guy concealed carry back by the coolers. Tweaker not wanting to shoot anyone demands cash from cashier. Concealed carry guy wants to be a hero. Pulls gun. Shoots at robber, misses. Tweaker freaks. Shoots everyone.

Or concealed carry guy shoots at robber bullet goes through window hits toddler in car seat where mom is pumping gas.

Most people robbing stores don't want to shoot anyone and I dont like putting my life in just anyone's hands...

Last edited:
Or, some guy carrying open in in the bathroom. While he's shaking it off tweaker walks in, starts demanding cash from the cashier, guy walks out of the bathroom, tweaker sees open carry, freaks out, kills everyone.

Or, how about guy concealed carry back by the coolers. Tweaker not wanting to shoot anyone demands cash from cashier. Concealed carry guy wants to be a hero. Pulls gun. Shoots at robber, misses. Tweaker freaks. Shoots everyone.

Or concealed carry guy shoots at robber bullet goes through window hits toddler in cars eat where mom is pumping gas.

Most people robbing stores don't want to shoot anyone and I dont like putting my life in just anyone's hands...
Imagine that…you’re back in the bathroom…

Or, some guy carrying open in in the bathroom. While he's shaking it off tweaker walks in, starts demanding cash from the cashier, guy walks out of the bathroom, tweaker sees open carry, freaks out, kills everyone.

Or concealed carry guy shoots at robber bullet goes through window hits toddler in cars eat where mom is pumping gas.

Tweaker's out on no cash bail for the umpteenth time.

You can argue "what if's" til the cows come home. Doesn't matter, each scenario will be different. Just like "what if" we lost our gun rights and had to turn them ALL in. You would say the bad guys would keep their guns and go nuts. You would also say some "good" guys would hang on to some or all of their guns. Then what? Those good guys just turned into law breaking bad guys. Don't think the OP was intending for this turn in the discussion.

Smart choice carrying concealed. Then if you should get into a bad situation the bad guy doesn't know who to shoot first so may very well simply leave without shooting anyone!
It's a pretty strong deterrent knowing that there's possibly people around you at all times that'll put an end to your nonsense real quick.

What about bad guys that are good guys sometimes or good guys that mess up or or or or....

Last edited:

Or, some ridiculously sensitive straight, white, entitled male with a vivid imagination - not wanting to hurt anybody's feelings with words, jokes, or unintended assumptions, and to avoid being labeled as a bigot or racist after purchasing a bag of Conguitos, hides in the gas station restroom as a (insert sensitive non-biased descriptive words here about bad guy/girls - but not to include race, age, religion or sexual orientation) walks in and instantly shoots the gas station attendant in the face for a few dollars inside the register. Thankfully, the entitled white male's children were marching against police brutality far away, so he didn't have to worry about being completely unable to defend a loved one's life if needed.

More of this:

Less of this:

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back