Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

3 bulls in 12 hrs- lots of pics

Big O

This is from our 09 hunt, I know a little late.

Drew for MT in 09 but not 2010. Probbaly the most action packed hunt in a long time. My 2 hunting partners are my 2 brother-in laws, Chris and Dave. We ended up with 3 average bulls in about 12 hours of hunting. I shot the 6th bull I saw on opening day at 12 noon. Now get this--standing at my bull about 45min.later, Chris and I were seeing elk below everywhere. One we didn't see started bugling so we started cow calling thinking "just maybe". Well about 5 minutes go by and in comes another bull 40 yds from my dead bull, 2 down at 1pm opening day an hour and 40 yds apart. Dave was about 3/4 a mile away but heard the shooting so he came to help. He was a little suprised by what he saw. We drug both down about 150 yds to the nearest draw to get off the steep hill. We cut and quartered the rest of the day, hauled out what we could that night.

Slept in a few hours the next morning and got to the hole about 9am. We showed Dave where to sit for the day, while Chris and I were going to pack the whole day. Chris and I got to our elk and were happy to see it all there. (We saw 4 wolves about 500 yds from the elk before we shot them.) As soon as our packs hit the ground, two shots went off. Put the packs back on and headed for Dave, only to find him with a 5 point down. His died no more than 800 yds from mine and Chris' elk. The fun started and didn't stop untlil late Tuesday. We were right at 3 miles in and 8500', we were some tired boys. This was all public land and did NOT see ONE hunter in the woods for 3 days. We were shocked compared to the amount of camps and rigs down low.

Wed morning we really slept in with the thought of looking for some deer later. From camp, I spotted an average 4 pt mule deer towards the top of the hill across from camp. A couple hours later had a bonus buck. (tip)-do not shoot prone straight uphill (ouch). Two more days of deer hunting and no luck for Chris and Dave.

To top it off I had a Wash. cow tag for the same time I was in MT, Chris and I got back cleaned up and went to SE Wash, and chased more elk. Nailed a cow the last hour of our 3 day hunt. Cut it a little close, we were actully walking back to camp to head home and saw 7 cows in the trail, 1/4 mile from camp. A little luck is always welcome.

Sorry this is late, I'm lame:)

Our hole
hunting 09 001.jpg

hunting 09 014.jpg
My bull

hunting 09 020.jpg
Chris' bull- 40 yds from mine
hunting 09 025.jpg
both bulls at the bottom
hunting 09 032.jpg
Daves bull
hunting 09 038.jpg
Me and Dave, next morning at 9:30
hunting 09 045.jpg
hunting 09 058.jpg
My buck
hunting 09 068.jpg
Bonus cow in E Wa
hunting 09 003.jpg
hunting 09 004.jpg

Holy Cow man leave some for the rest of us. Congrats on an action packed hunt looks like the packs got a work out

Thanks for sharing a wonderful hunt. I do see a bit of red between your eyes in your deer picture. It went away but the memories of your hunt won't fade.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back