Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

26 yrs finally got a desert bighorn sheep tag

CJ...$

Might need hip replacement surgery, question should this tag be able to be sold, currently illegal

Can you just imagine how many people would be applying if they could make money off of tags.....

Congrats on the tag! I think if you told me right now I will draw one after ONLY applying 26 years I would be pretty pumped.

Agree with everyone else. If tags could be sold, they would be 10x the price. Companies would exist only to buy and resell tags. And only the wealthiest among us could hunt. I for one love that parts of America, including her national parks and public lands and the game that inhabits them belong to all of us.

That would be a recipe for disaster, the ultra-wealthy would be able to pay thousands of people to send, only to have them be sold back to the “intended” recipient.

Congrats on the tag! I think if you told me right now I will draw one after ONLY applying 26 years I would be pretty pumped.

Agree with everyone else. If tags could be sold, they would be 10x the price. Companies would exist only to buy and resell tags. And only the wealthiest among us could hunt. I for one love that parts of America, including her national parks and public lands and the game that inhabits them belong to all of us.
I’m with you, if I could draw after only 26 years, I would have drawn 10 years ago! 😤

If "Murphy's Law" has left you not able to pursue the critter, sheep tag or others, I would turn that tag back in. The hunter that was next inline in the drawing would be very grateful!

The above statement only applies only if all options had been exhausted and the hunt would be a 100% no-go.

As mentioned by others, NO-GO on the resale of a drawn tag. After 26 years, I hope that you can find a way to pursue this tag. Wishing you the best of luck!!

I think I'd find a way to hobble out there and shoot a desert sheep if I were you, chances are you'll never have that tag again...

I've had a bum waist hinge...thought I could bully it thru an elk hunt, and did, but it was fruitless misery.

I agree that if it could be sold there would be people starting a company just for this. If you don't think so there is one now selling animal locations

I feel like both are no good

Might need hip replacement surgery, question should this tag be able to be sold, currently illegal
No. Interesting situation though and bum luck or maybe not so.
With the pending surgery, I would imagine your doctor would provide you the handicap exemption necessary to enable you the very limited public land access opportunities though more value would be landowners that may offer access to assist those with disabilities, short or long term. Especially for such a rare draw and present medical circumstance.
When I broke my neck (2012) I had fantastic landowners offer various opportunities as I luckily rehab'd out of quadriplegic status. I was too darn stubborn to accept... I had some, prove to myself crap going on.

Many landowners are keen to assist people who would gain great value vs someone taking advantage of those with genuine disabilities.

Feel for ya. Hope your surgery goes well.

I don't think they should be able to be sold. However, if you want to let me have it this year I will give you mine when I draw one in 26 or so years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back