Yeti GOBOX Collection

.22LR scope opinions

VAspeedgoat

My son has saved all of his lawn mowing and farm hand money and is wanting to buy a .22. He has settled on a ruger 77/22 much to his fathers aproval and now we need a scope for it. So far almost every scope in our price range has either some sort of bullet drop reticle or turets to compensate. I would prefer it to just be a duplex crosshair but our optioms seem to be limited to low or high end price range scopes. I would like to be around $100 but am open to any suggestions. A leupold would be around $225 but I would have to chip in to swing that. What do you guys think?

Redfield accu range scopes are great. I put one on my mini 14 and it's perfect for the 223.

I put a demo unit Minox 3-9 on my 22. I think it was $139. It is overkill but price dictated the decision. Vortex makes a 2-7 crossfire for rimfire rifles for just over $120.

I've had good luck with a cheap simmons 22 mag scope. Mine is a fixed 4, but for about $80 you can get a variable. Wouldn't trust it with a big game tag on the line, but works for some plinking.

I had this 10/22 I didn't do much with for a long time and then I got a deal on a stock, and eventually got a deal on a barrel and the next thing you know I needed a scope. I didn't want to put much into a scope and am a believer in that you get what you pay for but this little BSA sweet 22 scope has proved me wrong. It has been a darn good scope for me, I routinely pick off small targets at 100 yards with it.

I know there are several models, here is a pic of the one I have runs right at $100.
sweet 22 bsa.jpg
lope 13 wyo 155.jpg

I'm with Southwind...(BSA sweet .22)... I have a couple and love them! cheap and reliable.

Get a scope specifically for rimfires. Sounds odd, but rimfires tend to be hard on scopes. I had the crosshairs collapse in a cheap 4 power on a Marlin 60. mtmuley

Get a scope specifically for rimfires. Sounds odd, but rimfires tend to be hard on scopes. I had the crosshairs collapse in a cheap 4 power on a Marlin 60. mtmuley

Also, scopes designed for .22 have the parallax set at 50 yards, where a scope for highpower rifles have them set at 100 yards (unless it has adjustable parallax).

Semi-auto's maybe, but this one is going on a bolt action.

the nikon prostaff 3x9 with the bdc recital will run you about 120 or ebay and couple other places. its a nice rimfire scope for the money.

Ummmmmm. Point is, rimfires, and airguns too, have different effects on scopes than do heavier kicking rifles. Google it. mtmuley

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back