2024 New Mexico Draw Results

I guess I used up all my luck with my AZ pronghorn tag last year. And Gila elk tag the year before.
I’m happy I got to experience those hunts. And now it’s another’s turn. I like how NM has no PP or BP system.
Use CO as an OTC fallback while you can, that fairly tale has almost ended. Then every other state is going to very, very hard to draw once it’s gone

Use CO as an OTC fallback while you can, that fairly tale has almost ended. Then every other state is going to very, very hard to draw once it’s gone
I've really wondered about this as well. I've wondered how much of the increase in applications in the western states has been a result of a single state making a big change to the way they distribute tags to NR. Like when Idaho changed their NR "general tag" distribution method or when AZ did their bonus point shuffles or when CO put some OTC archery tags to a draw, etc.

I've really wondered about this as well. I've wondered how much of the increase in applications in the western states has been a result of a single state making a big change to the way they distribute tags to NR. Like when Idaho changed their NR "general tag" distribution method or when AZ did their bonus point shuffles or when CO put some OTC archery tags to a draw, etc.
You nailed it. While Colorado will keep available enough tags to fulfill everybody’s request (including CPW’s revenue), through the draw. It just won’t be as easy as over-the-counter fallback and you’ll have to put in for Colorado deadline before some other states just to make sure you get a tag.
There will be tons of leftovers, but the proposition seems to be that any list A license will burn your points no matter if you get it through the primary draw, secondary draw, leftovers, or re-issue. Keep in mind that is not mandated yet., it has only been proposed in working groups

You nailed it. While Colorado will keep available enough tags to fulfill everybody’s request (including CPW’s revenue), through the draw. It just won’t be as easy as over-the-counter fallback and you’ll have to put in for Colorado deadline before some other states just to make sure you get a tag.
There will be tons of leftovers, but the proposition seems to be that any list A license will burn your points no matter if you get it through the primary draw, secondary draw, leftovers, or re-issue. Keep in mind that is not mandated yet., it has only been proposed in working groups
I think the recommendation is that only the primary draw uses points.

I'm in for Elk, Deer, and Pronghorn. Shooting for the moon with Deer and Pronghorn, hoping to draw another NM rifle pronghorn tag like last year. But i'm expecting a really good chance at drawing an easier to draw elk tag to the point where I changed my Colorado APP to point only.
I didn't get drawn in AZ or NM for Rifle Elk this year, looking at OTC in Southern CO. Any Suggestions?

Lace up your boots, join the crowd, and get after it.

And for the love of god stop carpet bombing the forum with the same shit in different threads.
hahaha Sorry just trying to get different perspectives.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back