Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

2024 Colorado Draw Results Thread

@trb you just snipe em with .22s right?

not sure how else you'd do it in colorado.

i have one spot that would be great for this. thought about doing it plenty of times. making it a priority with limited time has been the issue. i can see the boredom of waiting for a beaver to show it's head for a quick snipe with a .22 would probably result in failure by falling asleep. then you have to hope you can retrieve it.

actually, i can think of another solid spot for this.
@TOGIE just casually bragging about knowledge of beaver

@trb you just snipe em with .22s right?

not sure how else you'd do it in colorado.

i have one spot that would be great for this. thought about doing it plenty of times. making it a priority with limited time has been the issue. i can see the boredom of waiting for a beaver to show it's head for a quick snipe with a .22 would probably result in failure by falling asleep. then you have to hope you can retrieve it.

actually, i can think of another solid spot for this.
Unless you're dispatching them on a trap line or something I wouldn't advise that. Beavers are tough as hell. I have seen some wounded ones do some really crazy stuff, and their boiler room/instant-kill-zone is is pretty dang small in relation to the rest of their body. We have been using full metal jacket .223. Evidence has suggested to us that polymer tips skip off water at a much higher rate than full metal jackets.

Unless you're dispatching them on a trap line or something I wouldn't advise that. Beavers are tough as hell. I have seen some wounded ones do some really crazy stuff, and their boiler room/instant-kill-zone is is pretty dang small in relation to the rest of their body. We have been using full metal jacket .223. Evidence has suggested to us that polymer tips skip off water at a much higher rate than full metal jackets.

i figure head shots are really the only option regardless.

wouldn't a trap line be illegal? don't they have to be live cage traps above water?

Reactions: trb

wouldn't a trap line be illegal? don't they have to be live cage traps above water?
No clue on Colorado legality but around here #4 or 1 buckshot in a 12 gauge does wonders. Aim for the head and bring a pole with weight and treble hook to snag them out. How most farmers handle them around here.

Yes, I was just referring to the only general situation I can think of where you'd want to use a .22

I also agree with what @WildWill said about buckshot, we just haven't used that due to additional potential holes in the hide, but the effectiveness is probably worth the trade-off? Not sure. I don't want to detract from the awesome animals being flaunted on this thread so we should probably take this discussion elsewhere.

falling asleep hoping for beaver.

sounds like a band @Ben Lamb saw once.

Sleeping Beaver played the third stage of the 97 Lilith Fair. Tight set, but a little too heavy on the string arrangements.

Hoping for Beaver opened for Miley Cyrus in 2012, but it was all about partying in the USA, so nobody remembers anything. Hazily recommend.

Falling Beaver opened for Better than Ezra at the Wexford County Fair in 2023. Can't recommend.

Anyway..........back to draw results. Let's see some before and after photos if you have them. Or just after. Or better yet, the ones that got away. :cry:

The sheep and goat draws are happening any day now. Results next week! Best of luck to those of you with better random numbers than me....
Ok I’ll actually cooperate more than my forkie…

F8AF5382-8842-4142-A22D-1D228C8A264B.jpeg0155727D-6C10-45DE-BD47-288782BF3B35.jpeg

Honest?

With draws being mostly run by high tech computers these days.

What causes the delay from app close to results posted?

Seems wild or uncessecary to withhold that info for months.

Wyo and CO come to mind.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fred Powell Sr
Back