Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

2024 Colorado Draw Results Thread

Put in for a chance to burn my 7 points. Creep will likely mean I'm in the draw pool of preference applications, which I'm ok with since we have some other irons in the fire for elk this year.

I'm ready to burn these points though and get out of no man's land.

1000000942.jpg

2020 OTC elk, the last time I hunted Colorado. My buddy (on the right) and I got to our intended camp site mid morning and decided to do a cold calling sequence before setting up camp. 59 minutes in to a 1 hour planned calling setup, he came strolling in.

It was 95 degrees in Denver that morning. 2 days later we suffered through a labor day blizzard at 11,500' that was no joke for a couple Florida boys. Still numb thinking about that cold ha.

Last edited:
co_ewe_harvest.JPG

One of my favorite hunts of all time. Stunning views, crazy slopes, air so thin I wasn't sure I'd survive the hike, and a B&C ewe to end the trip (not really, but it was among the largest taken in Colorado that year). Funny thing is that I wasn't trophy hunting at all. She just so happened to be the first one that gave me a clear shot.

I'm on the edge with my deer application this year. Probably won't draw, but with my points, there might be a chance. Sheep and goat are a longshot as per usual. Points for elk.

I'm in for cow moose this year with enough points to make my odds interesting. Still not sure whether it was smart for me to apply for it, but I'm committed at this point. Hopefully I can find some help for packing if I draw.

Good luck, everyone! (Unless you applied for the same tags I did. ;))

Points for me this year. Hopefully doing a guided elk hunt next year since me and my buddy have no idea how to hunt elk.

View attachment 321505

One of my favorite hunts of all time. Stunning views, crazy slopes, air so thin I wasn't sure I'd survive the hike, and a B&C ewe to end the trip (not really, but it was among the largest taken in Colorado that year). Funny thing is that I wasn't trophy hunting at all. She just so happened to be the first one that gave me a clear shot.

I'm on the edge with my deer application this year. Probably won't draw, but with my points, there might be a chance. Sheep and goat are a longshot as per usual. Points for elk.

I'm in for cow moose this year with enough points to make my odds interesting. Still not sure whether it was smart for me to apply for it, but I'm committed at this point. Hopefully I can find some help for packing if I draw.

Good luck, everyone! (Unless you applied for the same tags I did. ;))
Ewe did awesome. Great sheep.

Signed,

Fellow Ewe Killer

Photos were a day apart last October, but the buck I eventually caught up to is somewhere out of frame in the first photo (which was a rapidly failing stalk on another buck).

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.46.29.png

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 10.46.59.png

With some client stuff looking to land in Sept/Oct, I am in for points and MSG this year. Best hunting buddy is very likely to draw a good WY LQ elk tag this year, so that's the main attraction.

That doesn't stop the rest of us from hunting elk on a regular basis.

QQ

200w.gif

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back