Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

2023 MT Bison for Pickle.....

Such a cool adventure, huge congrats to her. Very very cool!

Wow! What a great story. Glad it was successful!

I was reading the bison regulations and came across the directive to cut open and spread the rumen contents around after harvest. Google is failing me on what that is for. Any of you folks know?

Wow! What a great story. Glad it was successful!

I was reading the bison regulations and came across the directive to cut open and spread the rumen contents around after harvest. Google is failing me on what that is for. Any of you folks know?
Honestly not sure... though we did comply.

Now knowing that in the past several years the vast majority of state bison hunters didnt' get a chance to harvest one...... we were pretty suprised to be given this opportunty so quickly. We spent quite a while looking over this group of bison. While there were definitely some big ol' heffers in the bunch, Cassidy wasn't ready for this adventure to be over, and decided she wanted to keep looking for a big bull. So with lots of hesitation and second guessing, we turned the sleds arround to go find a big boy..... Well at least we tried to turn the sleds arround. Turns out neither Hayden nor I really know what the heck we are doing on snowmobiles and got them both stuck the second we turned off the groomed trail. Nothing a half hour of digging and pulling couldn't fix. I am sure the bison were very ammused watching our struggle.

We took the rest of the day to scour the rest of the available hunt area but didn't come up with any more buffalo where we could hunt them. By about 3pm Cassidy was cold and we didn't really want to deal with a dead bison in the dark, so I dropped her and Hayden off an the hotel to hit the hot tub. The boys and I decided to jump in the truck and scout from the comfort of a heated cab. Sure enough we turned up a bunch more buffalo... but challenge number 3 presented itself. All of these bison decided to make themselves at home in the middle of the subdivision on Rainbow Point, which of course is not a legal area to hunt. It also became apparent that the local environmmental group was doing all they could to encourage the buffalo to stay within the confines of this safe haven and the neighboring preserve. The Suburu army is strong in them parts.
Don't be too hard on Subaru Owners. We are not all "left of Lenin". Made 7 trips to WY for elk & pronghorn & Outbacks can do the job!

Attachments

• 1 way to do it.JPG
    1 way to do it.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 19
  • meat hauler.JPG
    meat hauler.JPG
    940.1 KB · Views: 19
Back