Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

2022 NCAA Wrestling March madness!

I will add that the 5 seconds on the legs is good in theory, but the ref needs to be allowed to use their judgement. I’ve seen a lot of stalling calls when the top wrestler was trying to climb up to avoid stalling but the bottom guy was blocking him.

Oregon State qualified a bunch of wrestlers, but nobody is seeded real high. They're probably not going to make a lot of noise as a team, but hopefully at least a wrestler or two can catch fire and move up the bracket.

QQ

Stalling is a High School move, I expect more from these guys at college level. Maybe I need to lower my expectations.

I clearly don’t follow it as close as Gellar. But enjoy watching.
….keep your eyes on those NCSU wrestlers..T. Hidlay
I have T hidlay getting 3rd. Tough semifinal bout with Brooks. Hayden Hidlay will probably go further than I have him. 174 is loaded.

Stalling is a High School move, I expect more from these guys at college level. Maybe I need to lower my expectations.
I don’t know if stalling is a high school move. I think the talent gap between some wrestlers makes it look like they are stalling, when in fact they are getting their butt kicked.

I don’t know if stalling is a high school move. I think the talent gap between some wrestlers makes it look like they are stalling, when in fact they are getting their butt kicked.
I’ve always thought the shot clock and passivity exist at the post collegiate level because it’s a game of inches for athletes at that level.

I’ve always thought the shot clock and passivity exist at the post collegiate level because it’s a game of inches for athletes at that level.
I like the shot clock and the push out rule in the Olympics. Something needs to be changed with the way the refs call stalling, but it’s one of those things that everyone has their idea of what would work and are never going to be happy!

Is there someplace on the interwebs with live updates to the brackets? The NCAA website mentioned four of my guys who won their first matches, but it would be nice to be able to follow the brackets.

QQ

Is there someplace on the interwebs with live updates to the brackets? The NCAA website mentioned four of my guys who won their first matches, but it would be nice to be able to follow the brackets.

QQ
I would guess flowrestling has something but you might have to pay for an account.
Maybe go deep and try illinoismatmen.com

Trackwrestling or ncaa has a free app you can download with live scoring, videos, brackets. ESPN network airs all the sessions but might not have the match you want. Espn3 has a channel for each Mat so if there is a wrestler you want to watch you can.

Oregon State qualified a bunch of wrestlers, but nobody is seeded real high. They're probably not going to make a lot of noise as a team, but hopefully at least a wrestler or two can catch fire and move up the bracket.

QQ
Eight, that’s pretty good but I think our high seed is six

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back