2022 NCAA Wrestling March madness!

Gellar

The biggest week of the year for NCAA wrestling starts tomorrow! Make your predictions, talk crap about teams you don’t like, or just complain about the officiating and lack of stalling calls! That’s what wrestling fans do!!

I got PSU winning the team race with only 5 all Americans, but four of them are champs! 2nd and 3rd will be a dog fight between Iowa and Michigan!

The biggest week of the year for NCAA wrestling starts tomorrow! Make your predictions, talk crap about teams you don’t like, or just complain about the officiating and lack of stalling calls! That’s what wrestling fans do!!

I got PSU winning the team race with only 5 all Americans, but four of them are champs! 2nd and 3rd will be a dog fight between Iowa and Michigan!
I've got my DVR set to record everything. I can't wait. I've looked at my brackets a dozen times, but still haven't filled them out.

Heavyweight national Champion Gable Steveson Minnesota

If there was a lock for champion Gable would be it. I think the rest of the All Americans are pretty easy to predict but their place is not. Paris, Cassioppi, Schultz and Kerkvleit are the next best but how they will place is anyones guess. Maybe the deepest heavyweight bracket ever?

1647448456553.jpeg

Why is stalling the most argued over call? I watch alot of wrestling and it never ceases to amaze me in the difference in referee's calls. Everyone has watched a champion stall and not get called at one point or another. Just seems like there should be a better way.
And another thing, while I'm on my soapbox, Cassiopi should be embarrassed to show up on the mat after forfeiting to Steveson at the Big 10 finals.

Why is stalling the most argued over call? I watch alot of wrestling and it never ceases to amaze me in the difference in referee's calls. Everyone has watched a champion stall and not get called at one point or another. Just seems like there should be a better way.
And another thing, while I'm on my soapbox, Cassiopi should be embarrassed to show up on the mat after forfeiting to Steveson at the Big 10 finals.
Wrestling styles can factor into stalling calls and I think it needs to be taken into consideration how the person is shooting. Are they shooting to score or just to be active? For example, when Rby and Desanto wrestled Dessnto was taking shots and getting in deep, but he was only close to scoring a few times. To me, RBy was not stalling because desanto is just getting to a leg and stopping.

But when a wrestler only goes backwards like opponents were doing against spencer lee that should be stalling right away. They are not even engaging.

When the top man puts in both legs if they haven’t worked to turn the bottom wrestler in 15 or 20 seconds the top wrestler should be called for stalling and restarted.

There were 27 medical forfeits in big ten medal matches. More than just Tony Cassioppi need to be embarrassed. I have Cass getting 4th. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s lower. I don’t think he can beat Parris in the Semis and I think kerk will beat him the next time they wrestle.

Back