2022 Fat-Off

If I could get this damn prostrate fixed I'd probably lose ten pounds in one flush. Seems I'm always running with a tank 2/3 full. Answering the call of nature this morning used up all my minutes and data for the rest of the month and I still walked away with a full bladder.

I lost 45 pounds of body fat from January to December in 2021 - about 40 pounds total.

I was at my lowest weight in 15 years on the last day of hunting season - 219.

The month of December - which in my house is lefse season - has me almost 10 pounds more than that, but I will say it feels different this year. I now have a protocol I know works, where for almost two decades I struggled and failed, I know exactly what to do and that I can do it, and it’s a weight off my shoulders.

I would like to get to 200 pounds in 2022. If I am disciplined when it comes to nutrition and don’t get injured, I can fairly easily run a calorie deficit of about a pound a week, so it’s doable.

Live look in at the gin and tonic I just drank, which certainly isn’t helping, so we’ll see.

Good luck to all!

A7CEB0D7-951F-42BA-947B-72230C60A68C.jpeg

Last edited:
The last 5 years since I have worked a government job I have put on almost 50 pounds. I have stayed active and doing things in the outdoors but I noticed this year at the end of hunting season that I was more tired and was just not recovering like I used too. My eventual goal is to lose 70 pounds and get down to about 180. But if I can drop 40 this year I will be doing great.

So far I have just cut our processed sugars, especially my Dr. Pepper addiction. I have scaled back my portion sizes and quit going back for seconds and I have upped my workout routine every day. So far since the first of the year I am down 10 pounds.

You just added 194 calories. Good luck with that weight loss program. Or maybe it just makes you not care about it anymore. A solution of sorts I guess. 😄
Granted Tito’s is not good calories, but most nutritionists are going to tell you not to worry about how many calories you are in taking and worry more about the quality of calories you are in taking. Not all calories are created equal.

I hear you loud and clear Tyson. I have never really had any issues with weight, but turning 50 two years ago and working from home because of COVID has me here sitting with 15-20 extra pounds. They need to find a new home. I am in on the 2022 HuntTalk Fat-Off!!

F*$#%@$ Chuck Norris
Well, now I feel dumb. I thought that screen grab of fat Ben Stiller was from Heavyweights, but then you wrote that quote and I realized that was Dodgeball. For some reason I thought Stiller wound up fat at the end of Heavyweights too. Whatever. Both great movies.

Well, now I feel dumb. I thought that screen grab of fat Ben Stiller was from Heavyweights, but then you wrote that quote and I realized that was Dodgeball. For some reason I thought Stiller wound up fat at the end of Heavyweights too. Whatever. Both great movies.
Man, my brother and I watched heavyweights a lot too. That one and almost heroes quotes all the time.

Recently watched Heavyweights with my kids - it’s on Disney+.

Great flick. Watching it, I couldn’t help but think Disney would never make it today in the age of sensitivity. Kind of interesting.

Recently watched Heavyweights with my kids - it’s on Disney+.

Great flick. Watching it, I couldn’t help but think Disney would never make it today in the age of sensitivity. Kind of interesting.
It would be interesting to watch it now, as I haven’t seen it since I was probably 13 or 14. My kids aren’t old enough quite yet, but I loved it when I was a kid. Made me feel not quite so crappy for wearing husky jeans. Anyway, this year I’m going to be a “Skinny Weiner.” Down a pound this first week.

So I have never had a weight problem unless adding more was a goal. And it would be mussle mass added. I once weighed 210 carrying nail bags all day. I did have a slight roll,I thought. And I drank,some. LOL

Hate me. My sisters & the girlfriends did...my Metabalism.

I weighed 185 in 1974 and weigh 180 now. 6'2". I lost 20 after the heart attack. Lost my mussle mass. Getting back to 180 and some mussle was hard without working like I used to.
Back to walking every day. Pushups,sit ups,pull ups. Like in the service.
I only drink well water & coffee. Eat good food,usually. Pie is an treat.
Shaved my hunt beard off the other day and I need to work on strengthening my chicken neck,but with the neck injuries I have had that is not getting near what it was. But it does not hurt anymore.
Today I cut & split a few days of firewood and carried a pile into the house,then filled the wheelbarrow.
I feel better than I have in many years. Sober 33 years next month.

With this pandemic and the shape I see most folks around here,& those who show during hunts,they should be concerned. For their health. For their families health.

Sounds like some of you need to self motivate. Daily. Much easier to go on an elk hunt then,just sayin'.

Just checked, thankfully still at 177 despite holidaze. Could be 170 I bet since I have little muscle mass at 6 ft tall, OK, 5.9997 feet. Appreciate the thread as it helps remind me I do not want to ballon to mid 190s like most years during winter. Worked hard to get in elk shape this year for a hunt I knew would be grueling for weeks. Trying to maintain.

In a few months HuntTalkers be like:

3E8E0C09-0462-4D2E-9A09-D5E0BADEE8AB.jpeg

Last edited:
Back