2022 Fat-Off

T Bone

I'm wintering too well.

While working from home this fall, I couldn't stay out of the fridge. All day buffet, everyday.

Monday, I start a 12 week fat lard contest at the local gym.

They weigh and take measurements and then take a topless nudie picture to publish to the world.

Public humiliation might be enough motivation to drop 25 pounds.

Anyone else want to confess their jiggly parts?

Aye. Winter and teleworking have not been kind. Have begun the exercise of bringing salad to work every day for lunch and skipping the roach coach burrito in the morning. Not fun. Those burritos are dang tasty.

Good luck on the contest. Measurements are good, keep you honest.

I knew I was sitting at my heaviest weight ever. But then I shaved my beard a week ago and realized just how many chins I was hiding under there. I haven't been beard less for 8 years. It was an ugly reveal.

I'm also embarking on a health / weight loss journey this week lol.

Edited to add: I'd be really happy to lose 25 - 40lbs before next season.

Last edited:
After a challenging elk packout a combination of "needed recovery", work, life, kids, laziness, food addiction etc it is time to get back on the horse or treadmill in my case.
Hoping to be back in shape by spring bear

174 this am. Embarking on a 2-year athletic goal (to be discussed at a later date), really can’t seriously go after it unless I drop about 20.

I should be able to drop the first 10 with diet/drink fairly easily, the training should take care of the rest. This sounds so easy from the couch…

I knew I was sitting at my heaviest weight ever. But then I shaved my beard a week ago and realized just how many chins I was hiding under there. I haven't been beard less for 8 years. It was an ugly reveal.

I'm also embarking on a health / weight loss journey this week lol.

Edited to add: I'd be really happy to lose 25 - 40lbs before next season.
Can't count how many times I've wished I could grow a decent beard to hide it. 🤣

This fall after my hunt was bad. I just really went for it on the eating. As an example, one of my students is quite the young chef, and she made me this giant cheesecake. Somehow, my wife and kids don’t like cheesecake, so what do I do? Eat the entire thing by myself over the next week…

I’m 230 now. I aim to be 199 by November.

I hit a point early on in the pandemic and asked myself "am I finally at the point where really obese people just say F it and give up?"

I've thought about that a lot and I think this year I may actually be in "sheep shape" for the first time, even though I'm not really sure what that means.

I dusted off my taekwondo uniform and stated up again with my son last year. Have a goal of testing for my second degree by the end of the year. It may be early next, but I'm half way there. If anything it's helping a lot with flexibility getting old and lethargic sucks.

I hit a point early on in the pandemic and asked myself "am I finally at the point where really obese people just say F it and give up?"

I've thought about that a lot and I think this year I may actually be in "sheep shape" for the first time, even though I'm not really sure what that means.

I dusted off my taekwondo uniform and stated up again with my son last year. Have a goal of testing for my second degree by the end of the year. It may be early next, but I'm half way there. If anything it's helping a lot with flexibility getting old and lethargic sucks.
Just have to say—your new avatar is spectacular.

I lost weight again this past hunting season but not as much as usually do. Or I probably had more on board than usual. Appendix removal, then gallstone, then hernia kept me pretty much couchbound last year right up until leaving for Africa at the end of August. I bagged a bit of a spare tire. Picked up my daughter's pup to weigh it last week and discovered I weighed right at 200 lbs after a big steak dinner, Golden Pheasant beer, and wearing winter coat and boots so not doing too bad (I'm slightly over 6' tall). Province just closed the gyms again. I'll have to start working out on the basement stairs and sit-ups. Push-ups are out. My elbows won't take that any more. The key to weight management is push-outs ... from the table. I live alone and have to cook for myself so that makes it easier. I actually eat a lot of crap ... just not very much. Don't keep any beer in the house. That helps immensely. I do drink socially but I'm not very sociable so that keeps consumption down. Being a cranky old man has some life saving benefits. 😁

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back