Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

2022 Fat-Off

At 5'10", 175 is my "fighting " weight. I lost 18 pounds during the 2020 archery hunt. I've only been able to get half of it back. I simply don't like to eat and that isn't necessarily a good thing either. I know, I know, cry me a river.
I'm generally in the same boat, when I'm actually active and doing something I like and want to do I don't eat for a few days. But by like day 5 or 6, it catches up and I can't stop eating. On a backpack hunt I plan on 1.25 pounds of food per day total. I don't eat it all for the first half, then eat the surplus the rest of the trip.

I'm a micromanager so I check everyday and adjust accordingly. I figured a few years ago that I was getting too old to "get" in-shape (f@#$ it's hard to do) and needed to focus harder on "staying" in-shape. I won't put out any actual numbers, but I'm not drinking beer for the next month to try to trim back the extra. We'll see how many cheat days I end up with.

Kauai in Feb, need to see more abs by then because I know pics will be taken.

sitting way to fat for my liking. I would like to be 210 or lighter by summer. 210 and I got me Abs back!

After the last two months of hunting whitetails I can barely see the scale when I look down. Need to drop about 40 lbs.

Today I hit the 30 pound mark on my goal to lose 70. I have mostly just cut out all refined sugars, cut my portion sizes at meal time and quit going back for seconds or thirds. I have also greatly increased my daily cardio routine as well as adding more weight training and calisthenics.
Good for you! You got momentum now. That's the hardest part is to get the ball rolling.

I gotta do something. December and January have been bad, I was 212 this morning. I try to make 184 by the end of March because that’s the weight I wrestled at. That’s not happening this year, but I would like to be under 200. It’s amazing how crappy I feel just gaining a few pounds and eating like crap.

My height and bone structure hid it pretty well, but I knew I was at my heaviest, new baby with some complications, starting a meat market with my wife, and the ever growing cost of farming put stress at an all time high. I love beer, and I love food. I found out the difference between weighing myself on the rug and weighing myself on the hardwood was 8 pounds! So when I thought I was 262 I was actually 270 (TWO HUNDRED AND SEVENTY FRICKIN POUNDS) now, I'm down to a much leaner but still much heavier than I'd like to be 244 pounds. My goal right now is 230.

I gotta do something. December and January have been bad, I was 212 this morning. I try to make 184 by the end of March because that’s the weight I wrestled at. That’s not happening this year, but I would like to be under 200. It’s amazing how crappy I feel just gaining a few pounds and eating like crap.
Right there with you feel like shit, fat shit.

Processing deer and geese the last week certainly hasn't helped either. A 30 pack plus about 3lbs of samples a day.

Processing deer and geese the last week certainly hasn't helped either. A 30 pack plus about 3lbs of samples a day.
March 5 we are having our sausage party. We are shooting for 250 lbs this year!

I don’t want to admit it but beer might be one of the culprits. Cookies, cake, grabbing lunch at the gas station might be a bigger problem though.

It’s not bad enough that I will be drinking the new bud light 0 carb beer.

March 5 we are having our sausage party. We are shooting for 250 lbs this year!

I don’t want to admit it but beer might be one of the culprits. Cookies, cake, grabbing lunch at the gas station might be a bigger problem though.

It’s not bad enough that I will be drinking the new bud light 0 carb beer.
I tried that Michelob ultra, I'i think I'd rather go into cardiac arrest.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openseason44
Back