Caribou Gear

2020 Talkie award - Best thread in a comedic role

What was your favorite 2020 HT thread in a comedic role?

• There's a marmot in my truck - @neffa3

Votes: 66 60.0%
  • What the hell is this? We need help... - @OregonChris

Votes: 16 14.5%
  • Which one of you bastards..... - @ajricketts

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • Pucky Sammiches - @WyoDoug

Votes: 12 10.9%
  • Other write in candidate

Votes: 9 8.2%

• Total voters
I'd vote The Marmot Thread for original Post but this one for responses..

OP 2019....disqualified! Though I missed this one before so looks like I have some reading to do đź‘Ť

I feel like @wllm1313 must have had a 2020 nominee somewhere that I missed though....

There's been some great stories, I am in total agreeance that we need some more categories.

Best narrated story? https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/once-in-a-lifetime.302401/

Supporting roll, I think we all can agree @wllm1313 might take this one.

Some of the one liners though have been pretty damn good but that would be tough to go back through.

Members who got the axe, gone too soon.

...Some of the one liners though have been pretty damn good but that would be tough to go back through....
@EYJONAS! on the topic of hunting in temps well below zero...
You guys just need to think outside the box. -35 degree bag, canvas bed roll. Wood Stove and you can wake up and piss right on the floor if your to whiskied up to make it to the door. (Though I prefer my guest make it to the door) I slept in a backcountry banana hammock and was sweating my ass off. Woke up, snapped the radish and went hunting...... what's the issue.

Whaaat! I thought @StaySharp finally got tired of all the rib-poking to his monumental ego and took off on his own accord

Guess I’m the party dud here...didn’t get much more than a smirk from the marmot thread, but I am happy it brought so much joy to everyone else.

WhalePenis...there was no way any thread could top the hilarity of this one in 2020, or so I thought. Then the tongue-in-cheek trolling of OntarioHunter completely blew WhalePenis out of the water (pun intended). I nearly peed my pants on the incinerator thread and the Montana weather report was an honorable second.

It's clearly been a crappy year, and people seem really pissy this holiday season. I think we need a dose of levity, and to look back on some of the bright spots that got us chuckling in spite of it all in 2020. Therefore, I have taken it upon myself to create an award to recognize the comedy genius to be found in our midst. This is unsanctioned, there is no prize, and winners will only be immortalized in the long memory of the interweb. If you would like to offer a write in candidate for consideration, please post up the link so the rest of us can enjoy this hidden gem.
You realize you have created a job for yourself now as the official curator of HT threads?

I move that we make HW a mod and give her privileges to create and curate a Hall of Fame sub forum where great threads can live on.

Do I have a second?

It has been moved and seconded. Given the nature of responses to the thread I am going to dispense with discussion and voting on the motion. Let this serve as a request to the Executive committee if HW would accept the nomination and the EC feel a HOF would be in the best interest of the forum.

Back