Yeti GOBOX Collection

2016 plans

Rooster52

What is your 2016 plans? For me it is earlyhunt eeither ne wyoming archery or muzzy hunt colorado.then october in se ohio archery deer. Then back to michigan for rifle deer

I am going to kill five does in the first two weeks of January. After that, I will wait to see what application time brings. Other than that, just try to live long enough to see another year-if this broken country lasts that long!

Wyoming pronghorn hunt with a group of buddies assuming past trends hold for the 2016 draw and we can all get tags to same unit as 2nd choice.

I put in for a few dozen hunt each year so usually the Gods of Tags provide me 1 or 2 nice tags. In 2015, they granted me a WY mule deer tag for the rut, an AZ Coues deer tag for the rut and a UT pronghorn tag that were all tough odds. Low numbers of hunters and plenty of nice critters on those hunts. I actually filled all threes tags so am either getting better as a hunter or am using up too much luck in one year.

Maybe 2016 will be the year my first bighorn ram tag gets tossed my way. Is nice to dream. I need to build up those dreams right now as they slowly die with each Unsuccessful I get. No bighorn ram tags after 14 years applying for 16 bighorn draws and 12 bighorn raffles. I did draw an Aoudad tag in Texas a few years ago and is just not quite the same. I did draw a bighorn ewe tag and is not quite the same.

I need to go eat some mountain goat jerky to prove to the tag gods I appreciate their efforts.

Alabama hogs in March.

Indiana turkeys in April.

Not sure if I'll try Montana bears this year or not, I've eaten 2 consecutive tags.

Montana deer/elk in October.

Indiana deer October-December.

Fill in the gaps with small game and varmints.

Elk, bear, and muley. All in my local units. Which means I get to sleep at home every night. Just right for an old fart.

No need for points for all hunts.

Last edited:
MT: Turkey, spring bear, archery antelope, archery elk, rifle antelope, rifle deer, rifle elk. Mix in some birds...pending drawing success.

Wyoming antelope with my grandpa and uncles. Hoping for an either sex permit but we'll settle for anything leftover. He turns 80 and is strictly a black powder hunter. I haven't hunted with him since I was in high school.

ID: spring turkey

Hoping for morning dove in Nebraska and Pheasants in North Dakota

Last edited:
Alaska?
Idaho deer.
WA everything.
Hopefully a draw tag in there somewhere as well!!

September: archery OTC elk here in Colorado

First week of Montana rifle season: guided combo elk/deer hunt in northwest MT

End of November: back to visit family in PA and hunt whitetails/bears

Here in New Zealand I am hunting red deer during our roar (early April). Five of us will chopper from Haast into the Southern Apls for a week. Then for the sika roar (late April) three of us are planning to chopper into the central north island with a raft. We will drift and hunt sika stags for 4 days. Early winter is the tahr rut and planning another trip into the southern alps for a decent bull.

I am also planning to hunt in February for red deer in the south island. At this time their antlers will be hard and would like to get an early trophy.

Then if all goes according to plan I will draw a tag and get to hunt America again. Ideally I will draw a WY mountain goat tag (not very likely I know!), but more realistically a mule deer in WY or ID.

I will also do regular meat hunting trips closer to home during the year.

All DIY & bow hunts.

Last edited:
Sheep in August for 8-10days. And a followup trip in September if I don't tag out.

A few long weekend caribou hunts, and hopefully day a tag for goat.

May work in a Blacktail hunt if I have time, but it's doubtful at this point. Blacktail or moose shed hunting... the sheds will win out.

Of course a while bunch of fishing and maybe a summer trip to MT to see the family and do some more fishing.

A good year ahead with a little girl on the way too.

I have a great plan for 2016!

First...I plan on back to back unit 9 archery elk tags in AZ ( I plan to abuse the new draw system by being very lucky.)

Next will be a Utah San Juan Elk Ridge deer muzzy tag and San Juan Elk Ridge archey elk tag.

Next up will be an early NM elk muzzy elk tag in Unit 15.

I am just going to add a few points in colorado because I plan on being too busy for CO In 2016.

In Nevada, I am planning on my sheep tag, early ealk rifle tag and late muley tag.

For the AZ deer draws I am planning a north of the ditch late rifle tag in 12B or 12 BW.

That should pretty much fill my fall...

Now to reality, I should have a few good whitetail hunts in 2016 while I am working on the east coast.

Good luck to everybody.

WY Lope again, if I can hook up with a partner, or two, this time. Too expensive as a DIY every year.

My annual contribution to the PA Elk tag Lottery.

Finish the 338 Fed project, the way I dreamed it, once and for all.

Get in some late season pheasant hunting.

Just NM elk & deer locally,from home or a truck camp.
Maybe oryx if I think I might get lucky.
Did find a local turkey honeyhole last year elk hunting.

Tough life,but someone's gotta do it.

an elk tag for my son in either Wy or Co.If he draws Wy. I will use my pronghorn points and hunt close to his elk unit.If no Wy elk tag, I have backup plan in Co for him for 1st rifle
I will take chances for myself in Az and NM;elk
If all fails,it will be otc in Co and blacktail in Ak.I may still do blacktail myself in Ak in August.I get free airfare so might as well start the season there in the alpine
Need to figure out a coues deer hunt for future and start getting points

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back