Caribou Gear

2016 plans

I would really like to see my daughter get a crack at a bear and an elk. Other than that, same old same old..

January- continue my quest to kill a deer with my bow, fill my 2nd javelina tag and get my dog on some more quail before the season ends.

Write letters to my elected representatives stressing the importance of our public lands to my family and demand that they remain public.

Help my wife get into better shape so she can tag along with me once in a while.

Fall- I think I have enough bonus points for a decent shot at a N. Kaibab mulie tag, If not I'll try to snag a leftover whitetail tag in one of the southern units.

Maybe throw my name in the hat for the Superstition Wilderness sheep tag. I only have 9 points but you never know.

I'm starting over with zero elk points but I'll put in for our usual archery hunt.

Finally catch a damn arctic grayling from Lee Valley Reservoir (0 for 3)

Get my dog out more to chase quail in November/December.

Let's see.........

CSEH 2016
Get a bigger Muley than my 2015 buck
Get rid of my AZ elk points and kill a 400 incher with my bow
Kill a 6 point bull in Colorado
Grow a hair bun
Freshen up my wardrobe

Wyoming Deer for me ! Heading back to my favorite area. Gonna skip a buck antelope tag & just buy does tags. The extra cash will buy me a cow elk tag !

October: squeeze in a few days of bowhunting deer around here, then head to Colorado for elk. Hopefully first rifle, if not 2nd season.
November: more bow and rifle hunting deer
December: late bow season for deer

Well, a lot of my plans just got screwed...my soon to be brother in law just informed me that him and my sister are getting married September 24th and I'm in the wedding....ugh

Who in the hell gets married during hunting season? :confused:

Too Funny. I guess you were too late putting in for vacation with the family, My Anniversary is on Feb 27th...my wife told me you don't hunt, fish, or play golf in Feb. I have made all 23 anniversaries, very smart woman. My steelhead partner doesn't like it though it cramps his plans for us some years.

Perfect World: Wy Sheep and Idaho Goat.

I am due and it seems to come in waves.

Realistically Idaho deer general and help some friends out if they draw unique adventure permits.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL.

Well, a lot of my plans just got screwed...my soon to be brother in law just informed me that him and my sister are getting married September 24th and I'm in the wedding....ugh

Who in the hell gets married during hunting season? :confused:

My brother in law did this to me last sept...and he is an avid hunter!! He will be missing some anniversaries in he future. The worst part is that he was the one who suggested the date...what the -----???

March fishing in Mex
April fishing in Louisiana
Sept will be waterfowl in Canada and if I draw, archery elk in MT
Oct is pheasants in SD
Nov back out to MT for deer/elk and chasing whitetails here in MN.

Putting my wife in for some MT draws, so hopefully that plays out. As for now, it's about time for some ice fishing time.

2016 for me
trip to Erie in March for steelhead
buy Wyoming and Colorado points
pa spring gobbler
Plenty of fishing off my boat
montana general season elk/deer with a fellow hunttalker in October
pa deer and bear in November
depending on work may do a late season deer hunt out of state
and all the while watching OYOA on YouTube learning all I can from our very own Randy Newberg.

Shed hunting jan/Mar
Florida pig hunting in march
April /may turkey hunting wisconsin and hopefully kansas
Baiting bear over the summer thru early fall
September /December deer hunting in Wisconsin
September /October duck and goose hunting in Wisconsin
October mule deer/elk hunting in Colorado
December deer in Kansas or nebraska

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads